I've been having a problem downloading transactions from my Schwab Checking account

Using 
QM2017, 4.8.4, Mac O/S 10.14.4. Have been unable to download transactions from my Schwab Checking account for about ten days. Have called Quicken Tech Support five times after thinking the problem was resolved each time only to have it reappear the next day. The temporary fix has been to deactivate and the reactivate the Schwab Checking account. Doing that enables me to download the day's transactions. Problem reappears the next day with the same error messages in the Account Status window. During my most recent call the technician said that Quicken is aware of the Schwab problem. Also note, all my Schwab Brokerage accounts download properly.

Answers

• Ken W.Ken W. Member
    Thought I'd update my previous comments of April 3, 2019. The problem persists and is repeatable. Every day when I want to download my Schwab Checking transactions I must first Deactivate Downloads and the Set up transactions downloads. I may try calling Tech Support once again, but after five calls I'm not optimistic that the problem will be resolved. (:o(
  • Ken W.Ken W. Member
    Using QM2017 4.8.4, OS 10.14.4. I just discovered that one (of several) of my Schwab IRA accounts has not downloaded any transactions since mid-December 2018. Logging in to my Schwab account via their Web page reveals that there are transactions since mid-December. I've tried Deactivating downloads and then Set up transaction download several times to no avail. Quicken reports that all downloads were competed. Since all other IRA downloads continue to work as they should I'm at a loss to what other remedies I can try. Suggestions/comments?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Error OL 301 with Schwab accounts (or "General error 2000")?

Logon to your Internet account at Schwab's website and make sure that in your profile, Security Center, "Third Party Access" is set to "Allow".
    Wait several minutes before you try to download from Quicken again.

Quicken Mac users: Make sure that your account is connected to Schwab using "Direct Connect" protocol.

• Ken W.Ken W. Member
    UKR:

Thank you for your rapid response.  Third Party Access is set to Allow and Direct Connect is the configuration. Also, all other Schwab Brokerage accounts download without an issue and, until 20 December 2018, this account downloaded too. No error codes have been exhibited.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm not a Mac expert, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018 Premier or H&B) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from the Community, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ken W.

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I took the liberty of reviewing the recent contacts with Support, but had a few additional questions for you, I apologize.

Are the Schwab Brokerage accounts and Checking account connected with the same Username and Password?

If so, what website URL address do you visit to review the account activity?

When downloading transactions in Quicken do you typically connect with the Direct Connect or the Quicken Connect connection method?

Do you receive any type of error message or code in the Account Status window when the account update fails?  If so, what is that code/message?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.