Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Quicken does not allow changing an ID and Password for existing financial institution

The problem appeared as follows:

1. Unable to log into a specific account from many I have at OnPoint after months of being able to. The codicil is that it had not been showing the correct balances and transactions and I did not address the issue earlier.
2. Technical Support looked at the logs (very professionally indeed) and came to the reasonable assumption that the particular OnPoint Server server was down and was different for this one account.
3. Two days later I was able to log in after doing nothing
4. Turns out that the problem was not as thought by Support.
5. I noticed that the specific account had a different ID and account that was shown when I edited the details shown on Quicken. It occurred because OnPoint allowed two different logins to the same account by using a server that did the work of linking the two. Weird, eh? I am dealing with Onpoint about that severe security breach. It has not been easy to get their attention.
6. I attempted to change the ID and password in Quicken by relinking to the data and using the new ID and password. Quicken, however, when scanning for my accounts at Onpoint incorrectly changed what I had put in for my ID and Password, to the incorrect one. Weird, eh? Hence this is being addressed here.
7. I deleted the specific account and then added it back in using the correct ID and PW and WALA! it did it correctly and all is good.

I do not understand why we cannot change user ID's during an edit. I think that it is a problem with Quicken that should allow, in some way other than by deleting and adding back an account.

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @15yearuser

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I took the liberty of reviewing the recent contact with Support and the internal errors in the uploaded OFX and Connection Log Files.  

From the internal errors listed in the log files, it appears that the OnPoint server was experiencing issues and Quicken was not receiving a response when attempting to connect.  This can happen if the Financial Institution is performing maintenance or experiencing an outage.

These types of issues are almost always temporary and resolve themselves once access is restored at the Financial Institution server with no additional action needed by yourself.

When adding accounts in Quicken, the account information is encrypted and stored so the next time an update is requested, Quicken knows where the information belongs and can enter it in the correct account register.

If any changes are made to that information, the internal processes that recognize what data belongs where in Quicken do not have the ability to be edited, I apologize.

The connection and stored data in the system does have to be removed and re-added under the new information to be recognized and read correctly.

I hope this information helps, but please let us know if there are any questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah 
This discussion has been closed.