Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Product Enhancements (Mac)

Don’t pop-up advertisements to paying customers (+52 Merged Votes) [edited]

Comments

• Nathan TooneNathan Toone Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    [removed - inaccurate/violation of community guidelines]

(BTW - I voted)
  • edited November 2019
    This is unacceptable. At this point, I might as well just use [removed]. If I'm paying for your software you don't need to show me ads, deals, whatever you want to call them. [removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    FWIW, Here is the advertisement that recently displayed on the desktop app.

• Dear Quicken, DO NOT SPAM ME!!! I paid for your services and will take my business elsewhere if you continue this practice.
  • lockewilsonlockewilson Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree. It is shocking. If it continues, I will need to switch to a different accounting system, which will be sad after all these years. [removed - violation of community guideline]
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited November 2019
    Hello All,

We appreciate your feedback on the in-product offers, and we've taken your feedback to our development and marketing teams.  While it's possible this could change in the future, the offers will continue to appear when Quicken is launched for now.  

All offers may be dismissed by clicking the "x" and selecting to "Close Offer".  Once an offer has been closed, it will no longer appear when launching Quicken, unless a new promotion or offer is available.

Thank you,

Sarah

[edited - thread has been re-opened for commenting]
  • jstelfoxjstelfox Member
    edited November 2019
    My Quicken for Mac subscription is up for renewal and I want to understand how I can opt out of the in application ads that take over my screen multiple times a day. [removed - off-topic]
  • justbkjkjustbkjk Member
    Popups are really annoying. I paid for a Quicken subscription. I can deal with the Quicken product upgrade ad/reminders but the Allstate ads - c'mon folks give us a break.
  • Hi, I just opened Quicken Mac and got a pop-up ad for Allstate identity theft services. I'm a paying Quicken subscriber and have been since Quicken went to the subscription model. Seriously, please do NOT allow pop-up ads into the software. I will have to find another personal financial management program if this continues.
  • I agree w/ justbkjk How do I stop the Allstate ads? Quite annoying for a paid subscription service.
  • Andrew MurryAndrew Murry Member ✭✭
    Yesterday out of blue started getting pop up ads on my paid subscription version of Quicken. Agent claims they are aware and working on it.
  • Robert SearlRobert Searl Member
    edited November 2019
    Unacceptable! Stop the ADS QUICKEN!!!! We pay a subscription- [removed - rant]
  • TimTim Member
    Knock it off! NO ADS!
  • RCinNJRCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was (assume inadvertently) misinformed to by Marcus! In responding to my comment in the 5.13.0 announcement thread he promised that after closing the "spam offer" window it would not re-appear. Well it just came back! Obviously Marcus doesn't know how this has been implemented by management! This makes me much madder! Outrageous!
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    SO... why are these ads only being splashed on the MAC version,
    and not the PC version ?
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • gch289gch289 Member
    Totally agreed. I'm paying for the most expensive subscription Quicken offers. This is NOT an ad supported product. If the ads don't stop I won't be renewing.
  • This Allstate pop up is absolutely infuriating. How can you subject your paying customers to this crap without any option to opt out? Makes my blood boil.
  • rtrentrtrent Member
    This is utter BS that popup ads are appearing. I had not gotten these in the past until my most recent renewal a week ago, now I get them. I won't be renewing next year if this continues.
  • ProudpawProudpaw Member
    The Administrator's/Moderator's response is infuriating as well. Sure, you can get rid of Allstate's ad but (read between the lines) another one will take its place. Unless Quicken does something about this, and quickly, I'm moving elsewhere, just on principle.
  • rveseckyrvesecky Member ✭✭
    Every time I log in now I get this "great deal" from Allstate. I don't want any "deals". I am not interested. It is nothing but an annoyance. How can I opt out of this crap?
  • dhuckdhuck Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Despite what Quicken Sarah stated about the same ad not reappearing after closing it, I've seen the same Allstate ad multiple times in the last 4 days. This is absurd!
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a warning..... a normal discussion on the topic is fine -
    ranting will get it CLOSED.
    The Mods have re-opened the thread for comments, however please be aware that while feedback and constructive criticism is acceptable; if they continue to see a large number of posts in violation of the forum guidelines they will be closing the thread again.

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • SoCalMarkSoCalMark Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    You may want to re-think this particular strategy (removed) or I'll be moving to a different platform and I'm a 25+ year Quicken customer.
  • mwo5678mwo5678 Member
    I'm upset enough about this that I created an account just to comment.

If quicken starts showing me ads I will cancel and move on to one of the many free options that are now available.

I've used this product for many years and I'll continue to do so unless given a strong reason not to. I see un-skipable startup ads as that strong reason to stop.
  • Quick-Quick- Member
    edited November 2019
    I was shocked and deeply disturbed to find a popup ad for Allstate appear when I opened Quicken today. I don’t recall ever seeing a popup ad in decades of use except for Quicken (which is annoying enough). But to have an ad for an outside company popup in a paid subscription is absolutely unacceptable!! (Removed-Rant) If you want to run ads, make that version free, but don’t subject your paying customers to them.(removed). ☹️
  • continental$continental$ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Ads on a paid subscription....I just turned off my automatic renewal .....(Removed)
This discussion has been closed.