Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Product Enhancements (Mac)

Don’t pop-up advertisements to paying customers (+52 Merged Votes) [edited]

Comments

• J. HolmesJ. Holmes Member ✭✭
    This is a horrendous user experience. As a paying customer, I should not be subjected to annoying advertisements.

This reminds me of when Quicken Windows implemented the splash screens for various financial institutions.
  • amazonmillieamazonmillie Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I was astounded, alarmed and outraged to see an Allstate ad pop up when I was updating my critical confidential financial information. I've been a Quicken customer for more than two decades but this is unacceptable! (removed- rant)
  • bahtulbahtul Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Absolutely unacceptable. (Removed-Rant)
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Just do not forget to go to page 1 and click the little grey triangle under the count in the blue banner to add you vote (it may take a moment but the triangle will turn black and the count increase by one when your vote is registered).

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• DCCRNADCCRNA Member
    edited November 2019
    (Removed Violation of Community guidelines- Disruptive/Rant)
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had completely forgotten that I'd been getting spammed with Quicken Loans ads for months now!!! I had just thought it was from Quicken, so it was excusable (I'm fine with a company advertising themselves in-product...perhaps there are other products that they are selling that I'm interested in - but it's not leaving the company).

What bugged me was advertising for a third-party...and now that I'm remembering that they've been advertising for first-party (Quicken Loans), it means that they've even moved one step down the slippery slope...which makes it more worrisome than I even originally thought it was.

(BTW - I voted)

BTW, Quicken Loans is NOT a Quicken product but a third party licensed to use the Quicken name.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• I am extremely disappointed that Quicken thinks it is acceptable to display pop up ads. I had quicken open in the background and was doing other stuff on my computer when the ad popped up yet again! I will cancel Quicken if this isn't fixed.
  • barbaraokbarbaraok Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Marcus said:
    > (Quote)

> In any case, those pop-ups only appear once when you launch the product and then you can dismiss them by clicking the close button in the upper left corner like all Mac windows.  They may appear again if marketing pushes them for a new campaign but that shouldn't happen very often.

No - it appears every time I start the program AND there is no close button in the upper left corner. You have to hit the learn button, then after Safari Opens, close it again!
  • John L4John L4 Member ✭✭
    For the last day or two I am receiving pop-up adds for Allstate with each log-in. That is a foul with a paid subscription. How do I opt out, or can you turn it off?
  • LancasterJoeLancasterJoe Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm incensed by Quicken decision to put pop ups on my desktop. (Removed) It becomes a matter of principle. I too have been using Quicken since the 1990's.
  • lablover57lablover57 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    (Removed) It is spam and it is annoying. I get enough of these ads with your email and snailmail. 
    Quicken User since the DOS days...
    How do you 'vote' now? Quicken Support on twitter suggested that I go 'vote' to complain. Where? 
  • George@13[email protected] Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I am in agreement that the recent advertisements are not wanted on a paid subscription product. (Removed)
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    How do you 'vote' now? Quicken Support on twitter suggested that I go 'vote' to complain. Where? 
    Go to the first page of this topic. Click the little triangle in the blue box at the top. It will turn black eventually and the number will increment.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • snowwil0snowwil0 Member
    After the last update now every time I open Quicken I get an annoying pop up for All State or someone. How do I turn these off.
  • paulpaul Member ✭✭
    with ya. hate adds. is quicken going to ask for more to stop adds!!
    Thanks. It 'should' be more prominent. Can we vote on that? lol
  • Quicken, If you're looking to selling advertising on your products, please release a "free" version and have all the pop up ads you want. However, subscription paying customers should NOT be getting hit with these ads
  • > @"Quicken Sarah" said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > We appreciate your feedback on the in-product offers, and we've taken your feedback to our development and marketing teams.  While it's possible this could change in the future, the offers will continue to appear when Quicken is launched for now.  
    >
    > All offers may be dismissed by clicking the "x" and selecting to "Close Offer".  Once an offer has been closed, it will no longer appear when launching Quicken, unless a new promotion or offer is available.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah
    >
    > [edited - thread has been re-opened for commenting]

So in other words, for the foreseeable future, ads will continue despite the amount of negative feedback from paying customers.
  • Ken McAdamsKen McAdams Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Ditto to all the complaints above. (removed)
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I agree. Get rid of the ads. This is a subscription product. (removed)
  • tfgtfg Member ✭✭
    Unacceptable intrusion for an application I paid to use.
  • swanek26swanek26 Member
    There's not much more that can be said that hasn't already, but I want to register my displeasure with these ads as well. I will not renew my subscription if they continue.
  • BethRBethR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I received the same popup on my Windows desktop app (Removed). I've been with Quicken more than a decade. This is unacceptable.
  • SnowmanSnowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thing.  I abhor Allstate and doing this for a Paid Subscription to boot.  There should be an opt out option available.
  • Disappointing having to have ads popup when I start Quicken. Rethinking using this especially since I have to pay an annual fee
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Member ✭✭
    We are paying for a Q subscription. I'm insulted that I now have to see an Allstate ad before my file loads. At first I thought there might be an infection. Is there some way to shut this off? Customer since 1993 and no matter how much I like Q this makes me want to look for alternatives.
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I don't like Spam email, Spam snail mail, Spam of any kind. I especially don't like it when is comes from a paid software subscription. Bad idea. It is a "new coke" idea. (Removed)  We can turn off the Spam email in privacy and marketing but can't turn off the Spam built into the software.
  • Add me to the list of those disappointed/upset with this new "feature". At least make the ad disappear on its own after a period of time!
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why, because Quicken's marketing dept doesn't understand the concept of a paid license to use, this is not shareware or adware.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.