› ›

Downloading Transactions from Capital One Credit Card Account

I am experiencing an ongoing, albeit intermittent problem when downloading credit card transactions from Capital One. I'll go through a period of "stability", then Bingo! I'll have issues and downloads will be "missing" some posted transactions. I've carefiully compared online "posted" transactions which SHOULD have been downloaded, with my Quicken Premier register. Transactions are missing. Whatever is happening points to software that is insufficviently "robust". Does nayone else have this same issue?

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator
    Hello @Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and steps available at https://www.quicken.com/support/missing-some-transactions-when-downloading-bank.

If the information does not help to resolve this issue and transactions are still missing the next time an update is performed, please go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the Report a Problem window, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following log files and select Send to Quicken.  

Log Files to Select
    ConnLog.txt
    ConnOLD.txt (if listed)
    OFXLog.txt
    OXOLD.txt (if listed)

Please also include examples of the missing transactions in the body of the Report a Problem message, examples should include the date of the cleared transaction, dollar amount and payee name.

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can locate the submission in the system.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • PatrickPatrick Member

Thanks Sarah for your advice. I was wanting to add a "cautionary" note about my problem. Realizing that I was not getting all transactions downloaded automatically, I have on several occasions, performed a manual download from my Capital One online account - The reconciled in Quicken and got on with my life! Only to witness a few days later (it's really random), that the missing transactions suddenly appeared  in the Quicken register, many of which were simply duplicates. So now I had to manully figure out what were the duplicate transactions and delete them. A real pain!!

I do hope you can figure out what is happening.

Thank you

• PatrickPatrick Member

Sarah, I have uploaded a report and requested files per your advice. I marked the upload for your attention. Please retrieve.

Thanks - Patrick

Hi @Patrick

Thank you for uploading the files :)

I was able to locate the submission and have reviewed the data, the example transaction provided for $16.54 does not appear in the data at all, which confirms that Quicken isn't aggregating all the transactions during the update request.

I know this specific transaction has cleared, but do you possibly know when it cleared?

Do you happen to remember any of the other specific transaction examples that this has happened with?  I'd like to review further back in the logs to see if I can find the other transactions.

Thank you,

Sarah

• PatrickPatrick Member
    The transaction in question was cleared and posted on the same date - 04/09/20-9 - as the other two that downloaded correctly. 

Going forward, I will now pay careful attention and upload more data as arises. Best not to try and guess what went wrong in the past. 

Dues this (1) missing transaction tell you anything? All three were cleared and posted together. If I had performed a manual download, I know that all three would have done so correctly. But when Capital One is in charge, they must tag/flag those that they have initiated. 

Goid Luck - I’ll send you more as they arise - and they will to be sure! 😊
  • PatrickPatrick Member

I was incorrect on the date. That transaction not downloaded was dated 04/10/2019 and NOT 04/09/2019

Sorry - Patrick

• PatrickPatrick Member

Sarah - This morning, the missing Amazon transaction dated 04/10/2019 was correctly downloaded along with (3) new transactions. Subsequent reconciliation was good. Why the Amazon charge dated 04/10/2019 did not download yesterday still remains a mystery. I'll keep you updated with other scenarios as they arise.

Thanks - Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for that information, I'm glad to hear the missing transaction downloaded correctly, although that seems to indicate there may be a delay in the transactions being aggregated.

Please continue to keep an eye on this, especially on the dates the transactions actually clear on Capital One's website against when they download into Quicken and let me know!

Thanks again :)

Sarah

• PatrickPatrick Member
    Thanks Sarah. Yesterday, there were several  transactions to download from Capital One that had been posted on 4/16 but could not be downloaded into Quicken until today, 4/17. So if this is a consistent pattern, then you will be correct in your assumption about the delay for aggregation. 

Will keep you updated. 

Thanks - Patrick