Just converted to new Quicken. several institutions fail to download new transactions.

one (Am Express) connects apparently but does not download transactions.  anther, HSBC, gives an error message that the password is not correct (it is).
the institutions don't have much to add.  any ideas on troubleshooting?  ty

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @JimJ

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please take a moment and review https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

When running the One Step Update - do any accounts update successfully?  

Are any error codes/messages listed in the One Step Update Summary screen?

If you go to the register for an account that is not downloading transactions and select "Update Now" from the Account Actions gear wheel icon in the upper right corner - does the update complete?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • JimJJimJ Member ✭✭
    thanks for responding.
    I opened Quicken and it automatically updated so now I have version R18.16, bullid 27.1.18.16

most of my accounts download fine.  I cannot get HSBC credit card account to accept my id/pw.  they do work at their website however.

also, I think American Express is downloading but there is a time gap between april, 2018 and april 2019.
  • JimJJimJ Member ✭✭
    one m;ore thing:
    Quicken first tells me there is a "connectivity" problem.  it asks for password.  then a message comes back with "error CC-503  your login information in Quicken is incorrect."
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your HSBC credit card account password have special characters? There are some that do not work with Quicken.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • JimJJimJ Member ✭✭
    Greg--yes.  I'll look into that.  thank much.
  • JimJJimJ Member ✭✭
    oops--no HSBS password does not contain a special character.  but....I noticed that when I log into their website, it asks for DOB as well as pw.  maybe this is the snag.
    so far they are useless in answering anything about Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.