Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Will not import transactions

Hi...I have one problem child account with Chase. My business checking will not import transactions. All other Chase accounts work fine. I download the file as a quicken web connect file and try to import. A little circle icon flickers and then nothing changes or imports.  All other chase accounts work great with this approach. This account also frequently alters it's information and shows incorrect transactions. I'm getting frustrated. I have the subscription service and it's showing its updated and current.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the QFX file import successfully into a temporary test data file (select File > New Quicken File...)?
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Yes it will. It finally imported after seven attempts but messed up other accounts by added a few transactions (mostly checks written) from my business account to my personal account instead.
    Yes it will. It finally imported after seven attempts but messed up other accounts by added a few transactions (mostly checks written) from my business account to my personal account instead.
    How could importing a QFX file into a new test data file possibly impact any other accounts or are you saying you were eventually able to import the QFX file in your real data file?

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • I can import it into a test file easy.  However I was eventually able to import into my business REAL data but it added about $500 DUPLICATE in checks and transactions in BOTH mybusiness and my personal checking accounts. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what is happening but every import screws up other accounts or won't import at all for many tries.
    I can import it into a test file easy.  However I was eventually able to import into my business REAL data but it added about $500 DUPLICATE in checks and transactions in BOTH mybusiness and my personal checking accounts. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what is happening but every import screws up other accounts or won't import at all for many tries.
    As the QFX file imports properly in the test data file, I suspect your data file is corrupt.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.