Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

How do I fix my Discover card charges within Quicken from subtracting my balance rather than adding

Each time I add in a charge in my Quicken pgm., it reduces my balance owed rather than increasing my balance that I owe?
I must assume this is a 2-part problem. I paid my Discover card balance 25 Mar. 2019 and the transfer is in fact showing up in my check book register within Quicken but NOT on Discover card account?

The only other charge card I've used recently seems to be working ok within Quicken.

I do NOT do ANY automatic updates from Discover Card or anybody else so that's NOT the problem. I do ALL transactions within Quicken manually.

Thank you for your HELP, Greg 10 April 2019

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Hi NotACPA, I deleted complete Discover card account within Quicken & started over. For the 1st time ever, I let Quicken retrieve my Discover card information (or any other account as far as automatic updating of accounts) and to my surprise it was easy & sure looks AOK. It only went back 72 days but that's fine by me. Thank you for responding. It helped me to decide I NEEDED to get that account cleaned up. Greg 11 Apr. 2019 Thurs. @ 12:40 PM.

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long have you had this account set up in Q?  Is this a recent issue, or longstanding?  For the opening balance in the account is the amount in the balance column red or black?  When was the last time that you reconciled the account?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • I go back years with Quicken but my 1st or at least still there in Discover card transactions is dated 13 Nov. 2001 & balance in red. From next transaction dated 24 Mar. 2003 all in gray down to 11 Aug. 2004. Then red until 26 Oct. 2012 & then gray balances to 27 Nov. 2012 BUT something terribly  wrong. Even IF I wanted to run LARGE balances, there is NO way these huge  balances are correct because of my credit limitation! From 27 Nov. 2012 to 17 Mar. 2019 all grey. From there to 07 Apr. 2019 in black without the "R" for reconciliation. Also, apparently the transactions I entered today but only 7 are gone? AS far as how long has this been going on,  not sure. Just noticed today. I'm 2nd guessing since my last reconciliation done 25 Mar. 2019? By the way, I had mentioned in 1st note above that I had used only one other charge card & it's ok within Quicken which is true BUT I also track the lady in my household & her charge card account is also aok. Hope all this HELPS? Thanks for checking, Greg

• Accepted Answer
    Hi NotACPA, I deleted complete Discover card account within Quicken & started over. For the 1st time ever, I let Quicken retrieve my Discover card information (or any other account as far as automatic updating of accounts) and to my surprise it was easy & sure looks AOK. It only went back 72 days but that's fine by me. Thank you for responding. It helped me to decide I NEEDED to get that account cleaned up. Greg 11 Apr. 2019 Thurs. @ 12:40 PM.
This discussion has been closed.