Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Latest update rendered my Quicken app unusable

Since the latest update to the Quicken app for iOS, each time I Open it, it automatically minimizes. When I choose it from the list of open windows, it minimizes again. I cannot use this app because I cannot get it to stay open on my screen.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post this issue.

I would start by uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken App to see if this corrects the issue.

Steps for this can be found at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207618.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Nancy
    Nancy Member
    Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that twice (including once on the phone with Quicken Support).  No change.  Any other suggestions?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi @Nancy,

What type of device are you using the Mobile App on?

Have you restarted the device at all since uninstalling/reinstalling the App?

If not, please restart the device and let us know if that makes any change in the behavior.

I would also recommend checking to make sure there is at least 10% space from the total capacity of the device, if not, try freeing up some space and let us know if that makes any difference.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Nancy
    Nancy Member
    IPhone 8.  I could not remember if I’d tried restarting phone so did it.  No help.  Plenty of space: only 21 Gig of 256 gig used. 
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi @Nancy

Thank you for that additional information.  A new release for the Mobile App was sent out recently, version 5.13.0 - is this behavior still happening in the new version?

Thank you,

Sarah

• Nancy
    Nancy Member
    It began happening with the last update.  I checked...it is version 5.13.0.  To be clear, when I downloaded 5.13.0, the problem began.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to complete the picture -
    What version of iOS are you running on your iPhone 8 ?
    Do you have the Quicken Mobile App installed on any other devices - is it working ?

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Nancy
    Nancy Member
    iOS version 12.2.  Not installed on any other device.  

Maybe a clue?  I got it to work twice since the update; both times I was not on wifi but was on LTE data. Does not always work on LTE data, though.   Used to work on both wifi & data all the time prior to the 5.13.0 update.
This discussion has been closed.