QUICKEN MAC OR QUICKEN WINDOWS?

I have been a Quicken Windows for years but got away from it.  I have a Mac as my main computer and a laptop with windows machine as well.  I have read Quicken mac is getting better but still not up to the Quicken Windows version. Since we have a small business on the side, Q Win has the H&B version.  But I like my Mac and would like Q Mac and could go with Premier.  Without getting to down in the weeds let me know your thoughts and recommendations please.

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay with Windows if you need the H&B - specific functions.
    Q Mac hasn't quite learned how to do H&B yet (please don't ask when that will become available ... we don't know and Quicken won't tell ...)
  • Any thoughts / comments about running Quicken Windows for H&B in a VM on the MAC?  (Performance issues, connectivity issues, Bank downloads, etc)
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you can allocate enough RAM to the VM so that Windows + Quicken + whatever else runs on Windows has enough memory to run without paging, there shouldn't be any issues. 8 GB should be the absolute minimum. And you need to have enough hard drive space to set aside for Windows to install and run.
    I'm hoping for other VM experts to chime in here with some better details ...