My file is not syncing to the cloud.

I continue to get an error message indicating that there is an error associated with the budget. I only have one budget set up ... and it clearly falls within the parameters identified.

Answers

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    My first troubleshooting step would be to validate my data:

File | File Operations | Validate & Repair: Validate

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Thanks! I did as suggested ... and while finding some errors ... none were related to the "budget". Corrected as recommended ... but continue to get the same error message when syncing.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    Somewhere among your transactions, there's one that got damaged and now has an invalid amount exceeding all limits in Quicken.
    I'm guessing it could be an investment transactions.
    Please try this:
    Review all your account balances, including any hidden or marked separate accounts for a similar excessively large balance. Locate the bad transaction. Make a note of it and find what the correct amount really should be. Delete the bad transaction. Enter a new, correct transaction to fix the problem.
  • ValderiValderi Member
    May I suggest to reset your Quicken Cloud...
  • Thanks ... have tried all of these suggestions but still having the same issue.
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser
    Try deleting the budget and see if sync works. If so, rebuild the budget and try again.

Also, try Super-validating by holding keys Ctrl + Shift while clicking Validate & Repair.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions ... I think I have (maybe?) figured out the issue. in addition to the budget I created ... there appears there was a whacky "historical" budget file somewhere that was messing up the data. As suggested ... I deleted the budget and reentered ... seems to be OK for now ... but a painful process. 

Thanks to all for your help!