Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Issue ERROR 193 continues....anyone else having this problem with PSECU?

For the past week I have been unable to download and reconcile any of my PSECU accounts. This seems to happen on a regular basis when updates happen on either side. I have contacted support multiple times and did every possible troubleshooting they could come up with. Anyone else having this issue? I have friends going through the same thing so I presume it is ALL PSECU accounts, once again.

Comments

• Automatic downloads stopped working at PSECU? any help?
  • Having same problem for the last week.  What troubleshooting has PSECU suggested?  Can't contact quicken until Monday and their online chat seems to be disabled.   
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hello @Adrienne DeFuria , @ashleyyvonneand @psu mom

We need more information about this error:

* Can you please provide a screen shot of the error in which you are receiving?https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Our chat system is up and running at http://www.quicken.com/contact-support. When accessing the chat, make sure that you are not using any pop up blockers, because the chat box will pop up as soon as you choose the options to reach out one of our technical agents.

Please let us know so that we can best assist you further.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • psu mom
    psu mom Member ✭✭
    Having same problem. Currently using Quicken 2019 (5.11.0).  Worked  after download but now getting Error 193 for the last 2 days. 
  • ashleyyvonne
    ashleyyvonne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    @psu mom Im running the same software. This seems to happen pretty often lately when any updates come through. Last time it messed all my accounts up and I had to start from the beginning. :neutral:
  • ashleyyvonne
    ashleyyvonne Member ✭✭
    This is my screenshot from earlier.
  • Quicken Harold
    Hello @ashleyyvonne. Thank you for your screen shots.

We are checking on this error now. We apologize for the inconvenience but will work on getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Same issue as above member.  
  • Quicken Harold
    Hello everyone. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please contact Quicken Support so that we can collect your log files and report this information so that we can work with PSECU to get the issue resolved.

In some web browsers, you will need to make sure that the popup blockers are turned off for http://www.quicken.com/ so that you can reach out one of our technical representatives.

We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience. 

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken support was unable to help.  They had me deactivate and reactivate the PSECU accounts and then try and sync with a previously successful backup version.  Both returned the same error message and after checking that they DID not have any alerts re PSECU,  they referred me back to PSECU.  For account holders, you should email [email protected] and detail the problem for them.  Hope someone gets this resolved.  

• Quicken Harold
    Hello Adrienne. Thank you for letting us know.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • ashleyyvonne
    ashleyyvonne Member ✭✭
    @QuickenHarold How long does it take to find a solution? I cannot possibly be the first person to reach out for assistance or complain about this. Most of us have bills to pay and would be helpful to see the flow of our money.
  • Quicken Harold
    Hi there @ashleyyvonne: The issue has been reported, but I don't have a solid ETA on when the issue will be resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • How will we know when issue is resolved?  
  • Quicken Harold
    Hello Adrienne.. Great question.

You can monitor the Community for updates, but when your accounts start downloading as normal, then we have worked out the issue and your new transactions should download.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • PSECU completely updated phones, computer systems etc. Last year. Since then I have had so much trouble managing those accounts with quicken that I moved my normal spending accounts to a local bank. Somewhere between PSECU and Quicken, they can't keep this simple process working. I have been unable to update any PSECU for over a week now. My normal bank, no problem.
  • clarkscc
    clarkscc Member ✭✭
    I’ve been getting the 193 error for a week and can’t update any of my accounts.  I contacted PSECU and they told me to contact quicken... getting the run around here.  It’s frustrating.  I’m hoping it will get resolved on Monday... hopeful.
  • Having the same issue.  It's very frustrating over the past year and I have spent several hours trying to fix different issues. 
  • Jwalt313
    Jwalt313 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Add me to the list of people with the same issue.  PSECU say that it is a Quicken issue.

• CityguyPA
    CityguyPA Member ✭✭
    Imagine Quicken and PSECU having issues yet again.  Every since they did the massive upgrades at PSECU it seems almost unending with the problems.
  • dtb119
    dtb119 Member
    Same problem! Started 18Apr2019, sync error 193.  Disabled accounts attempted to rebuild still receiving error 193.  Agree since PSECU upgraded nothing but problems!
    Did anyone Beta Test before distributing?
    Right now just need a fix
  • tsltrek
    tsltrek Member
    edited April 2019
    Add me to the list...constant issues since the upgrade, makes me want to quit PSECU and Quicken.
    Just saw this is a Mac thread...I'm on Windows.
  • ashleyyvonne
    ashleyyvonne Member ✭✭
    tsltrek said:
    Add me to the list...constant issues since the upgrade, makes me want to quit PSECU and Quicken.
    Just saw this is a Mac thread...I'm on Windows.
    I don’t think it differs from Mac to windows on this topic. My friends use windows and ate experiencing it as well. 

Has anyone tried other products? 
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

We are currently investigating reports of Quicken for Windows and Mac Users receiving a CC-501 or 193 error when attempting to add or update accounts with PSECU.

If you are receiving this error, please contact Quicken Support and reference Alert "A-0443" for assistance with troubleshooting and/or to add your information to the open escalation.

If you would like to be automatically notified once these errors have been resolved, please visit: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7852856/new-04-22-19-psecu-returns-error-cc-501-193 and "bookmark" the Alert by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right corner of the post.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • I am now getting a different error message.  see below.  Also, a few seconds after the download fails I am asked for account verification via phone or email.  Any idea what this new feedback means? 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It seems to mean that clearly someone is working on something! ;)

The message "MFA Required Action" refers to "multi-factor authentication", like when you need to receive a passcode on your phone and enter it on a website to prove you are who you say you are. I can't test with your credit union, but I would try logging into your account on their website, and see if it prompts for any further login authentication there. Sometimes, just the act of logging in via the website can clear a lock it has placed on remote access like Quicken. In other cases, if the bank is requiring multi-factor authentication, Quicken (actually their service provider, Intuit) needs to build that into the Quicken login screen so you have a place to enter a passcode. I can't really guess without knowing more; I'm just telling you generally what an error message like that is saying. For more specifics, you'd have to reach out to Quicken Support. (Or give it a few days to see if either Quicken or PSECU completes a programming change that resolves it.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • ashleyyvonne
    ashleyyvonne Member ✭✭
    It appears that the issue is resolved...my accounts have all downloaded without error
This discussion has been closed.