Quicken 2015 have to log in twice every time I open program

Just started doing this 2 days ago. Every time I start Quicken 2015 (r 17.2) it asks for the Intuit ID and password. I enter it, then the login box disappears, and comes up again. After re-entering it a second time all is good.

At first I thought I was mis-typing something, now I realize everything I am doing is correct. Especially after doing it 5 times in a row. This is on the same computer...

I did the whole validate and repair data files no improvement.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you being asked for your Intuit ID or your Quicken ID?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Mark Haythornthwaite
    edited April 2019
    It's the Quicken ID. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Have discovered if I hit the X in the upper right of the box twice I avoid having to enter the ID and password. Still doesn't seem optimal.

I have 2 data files I switch between. One is my personal finances, the other is my father's (I am administering his affairs as power-of-attorney).

This problem ONLY occurs when trying to open my dad's Quicken file.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the same Quicken ID for both files?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Mark Haythornthwaite
    edited April 2019
    No, I created a new ID just for his stuff. It has been this way since 2015.
  • ron467
    ron467 Member ✭✭
    I know this thread is a old, but I just updated Q2105 to R17.4 and it's doing the same thing to me.

I enter my email address and password. Box disappears and then comes back and it asks again. Lets me in after the second time. :/

Using Quicken ID and password, Win 10 64-bit.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a shot in the dark ...

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

This discussion has been closed.