Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Asking for second sign in when scanning an attachment

When finalizing a scanned attachment, sign in screen pops up.  Sometimes screen freezes when sign up screen appears. 

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello drsret,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community with this issue.

Is the sign in for the Quicken ID or for something else?

Do you scan the item and save it the computer and then attach it to the transaction or do you scan immediately from the transaction in Quicken?

-Quicken Tyka
  • Sign in for Quicken ID.  I scanned item immediately from the transaction in Quicken. The sign in screen occurs when I hit the Done box.  Sometimes I hit the X and the screen exits, sometimes the screen locks up or freezes.  I then have to manually shut the computer down and power back up.  The scanned doc shows up in the transaction.  The sign in screen has become annoying. 
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @drsret

Thank you for that additional information.  May I ask, when adding an attachment, is the selected account also selected to sync with the Quicken Cloud to view on the Mobile/Web Apps?

If you aren't sure, this information can be checked by selecting the "Mobile & Web" tab and viewing the accounts selected for sync.

If so, when adding an attachment, a sync to the Quicken Cloud with the attachment data is happening in the background at the exact same time. 

Syncing to the Cloud uses Quickens Online Services which is then prompting the sign-in request for your Quicken ID.

The request to sign-in indicates that Quicken either did not, or incorrectly stored the sign-in token which stores your login information and prevents the frequent sign-in requests.  Or, Quicken is having trouble connecting with the internet and is unable to communicate with the servers.

What version and release of Quicken are you using?  If you aren't sure, this information may be found in the Help menu > About Quicken.

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.