Rental Manager: Allow User to Select what Month Rent will be applied to

Jason C3Jason C3 Member ✭✭
In Rental Manager, allow users to select rent payment month or what month to apply the payment to, rather than using the deposit date. This would allow the user to select the correct month if rent was received early or in the previous month. Add the ability to make partial or prorated rental payments (Tenants can move in early or in the middle of a month).

(edited for readability)
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jason C3Jason C3 Member ✭✭
    Or at least allow Partial Rental Payments.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    It is already possible to handle both of your issues in Quicken.

The basic mechanism is to create in intermediate Quicken account, in which rent payment transactions can be recorded with a transaction date that causes them to be applied to the correct rent period. 

When the rent payments are deposited in real-world accounts, the deposit amount is transferred from the intermediate Quicken account to the Quickennreal-world deposit account.

This solution has been posted in this Community multiple times; and it has ancounterpart for other situations such as partial/early/late invoice payments in Quicken Business versions. You should be able to find those other discussions, if you need more details.

[In my opinion, both business and rental property users represent a very small percentage of Quicken users - and that is the main reason the business and rental property features do not receive much, in the way, of improvements. And when there is a relatively simple workaround - as there is for your problem - the likelihood of such improvements dwindles. Quicken is going to evaluate every idea based on its cost/benefit ratio.]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • HuguleyHuguley Member
    I have quicken Premium for Mac and trying to see how to manage my rental properties.
  • HuguleyHuguley Member
    can I down load Rental Management to my present Quicken account
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Huguley   Sorry, but "Rental Property management" is a function ONLY in Q for Windows Home & Business.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • HuguleyHuguley Member
    I have only a few properties I manage just want separate accounts to keep track of rent etc.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you're going to have to do so in regular Q accounts.  There is NO RPM feature in QMac
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Mac users please note:
    There's already a discussion / Product Idea for adding the Rental Property Management feature to Quicken Mac

If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.

Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.

Every vote counts!

This, of course, also applies to the current discussion about a Quicken Windows RPM enhancement.