One step update does not find all accounts

when adding an account, add account only finds first listed account (checking) under account number plus credit card accounts. Does not find other accounts (auto, med, etc) listed under same account number. Previous versions of Quicken had found them.

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dbru,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues activating accounts in Quicken and thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community.

If you haven't already, I would recommend selecting a different account type in the Add Account window, such as Savings, Loan, etc.  Sometimes selecting the corresponding account type in Quicken during the setup process will allow Quicken to successfully find accounts that did not appear the first time.

If the accounts are still not found by selecting a different account type, it may be that your Financial Institution has changed which account types they support downloads for.

I would be happy to check our Master Lists of Financial Institution to verify which account types are supported, please just let me know the name of your bank.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • dbrudbru Member
    Hello Sarah,
    Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I did try that along with a number of other "stabs in the dark" for almost two hours with an un-named Quicken chat agent. Hats off to him for spending that much time with me. As for naming the bank, with all due respect, I rather not put that information into cyberspace on a silver platter.  
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dbru,

Thank you for the response. 

I took the liberty of reviewing your chat transcript with the Agent and confirmed that no, the Agent did not have you go to the Tools menu > Add Account option and choose the "Savings" account type before selecting the Financial Institution name, entering your login credentials and requesting account information.

Please give those steps a try and let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.