Investing Performance Chart Missing Dates for "Last 7 Days" When Months are Spanned [edited]
The Investing>Performance>Portfolio vs Cost Basis chart is missing days when the time-frame filter is set to "last 7 days" and spans a month. See Image 1.
I look at this chart almost daily and noticed this issue the other day. What I expected to see is my last 7 days of portfolio value - 7 bars. Only 2 are showing. All other time frames, such as "last 12 months" or "last 30 days", for example, show the expected results.
Looking a bit deeper, using "custom dates", I have found that the graph shows as expected when the start date is set to May 1 (to May 4). See image 2. However, changing the start date to Apr 30 (to May 4), again only two dates are graphed. See image 3. I also tried to use custom dates to replicate the "last 7 days" filter. Same result as image 1.
I continued to play around with custom dates, I discover that any x day period (<= 7 days) that spans "month end / month start" throws the same error as in image 1. When spanning a month, the chart only seems to display the first date and last date of the custom range. Or, in my original case, "last 7 days" happen to span the month end / start.
Have you seen this issue? Can you replicate? Known bug? Workaround? Am I missing something?
Despite what I found....A few additional things that I have done to try to troubleshoot...
- Checked the securities list to ensure that I was downloading all of my securities....They are.
- Downloaded security history, last 5 years....No issues.
- Check each security's history table to ensure that the dates in question have values. They do.
- Filtered for each account and each security in the chart to try to see if any one account or security was acting badly. All combinations resulted in the same issue as image 1.
- Did a file validation, checking all three tests (correct investing price history, investing lots and repair file). No issues.
2019 QW HBR R18.16