Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

ALLY Bank getting Error 221-A and 221-B - using Web Connect

2»

Comments

• Phil LevintonPhil Levinton Member ✭✭
    I'm still having problems. When I try to download from the Ally website, and accept the downloaded file into Quicken I get a message: "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try later." Alternatively, when I download within Quicken using Express Web Connect, the download is accepted but no transactions are downloaded. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
  • Phil LevintonPhil Levinton Member ✭✭
    I solved my problem with a brute-force solution. I created a new account for Allybank, set up online downloading for this new account(which works!), then deleted the duplicate transactions and transferred the balance in Quicken from the old Ally account to the new one. Not an elegant solution but it works....
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still having problems. When I try to download from the Ally website, and accept the downloaded file into Quicken I get a message: "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try later." Alternatively, when I download within Quicken using Express Web Connect, the download is accepted but no transactions are downloaded. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
    I still need to add the INTU.BID to the SONRS.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • RossRoss Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Error: "quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download"

Version 2017

Quicken 2017 discontinuation date states supported until April 30, 2020, but have been unable to download Ally bank statement into Quicken all month.
    Ally is generating bad QFX files.  I've found adding the missing INTU.BID to the SONRS enables the QFX file to imported successfully.

<SONRS><STATUS><CODE>0</CODE><SEVERITY>INFO</SEVERITY></STATUS><DTSERVER>20190529003940</DTSERVER><LANGUAGE>ENG</LANGUAGE><FI><ORG>Ally</ORG><FID>6157</FID></FI><INTU.BID>6157</SONRS>
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • RossRoss Member ✭✭
    I do see that the QFX file is missing the "INTU.BID" tag and value, but the same file successfully uploaded into YNAB but will not upload into Quicken, so is this an Ally issue or a Quicken issue?
    Ross said:
    I do see that the QFX file is missing the "INTU.BID" tag and value, but the same file successfully uploaded into YNAB but will not upload into Quicken, so is this an Ally issue or a Quicken issue?
    It is an Ally issue.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • LKSchwartzLKSchwartz Member
    edited June 2019
    I've seen the discussion concerning the Fidelity sync issues....an update would be appreciated. But I just tried to sync with Ally. I sign in through the Ally sight and download the transactions, once that is done, Quicken provides the following message "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later." This begun on the 1st at the same time sync issues with Fidelity seemed to have begun.

I have successfully synced with AMEX Savings and my local Credit Union both on the 1st and today.

Hope the team resolves quickly, but as important communicate status and expectation for resolution.

Thanks
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TOTALLY UNRELATED.
    The Fidelity issue was created by Fidelity, and fixed by Fidelity.
    Ally is a completely separate financial institution.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    you are not SYNCing - unless you are discussing the Quicken Cloud and Mobile App
    you are Downloading transactions from these banks 
    Also - it's a website - not sight -
    As mentioned - whatever you happen to be experiencing with Ally is unrelated -
    My Ally accounts downloaded fine using Quicken One Step Update
    What version of Quicken are you using ?
    Are you manually downloading transactions from the ALLY website,
    and then manually Importing them into Quicken - why not use One Step Update ?
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    Ally has been generating bad QFX files for about a month now.  The work around is to edit the QFX file and add the missing INTU.BID in the SONRS:

<SONRS><STATUS><CODE>0</CODE><SEVERITY>INFO</SEVERITY></STATUS><DTSERVER>20190529003940</DTSERVER><LANGUAGE>ENG</LANGUAGE><FI><ORG>Ally</ORG><FID>6157</FID></FI><INTU.BID>6157</SONRS>
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • LKSchwartzLKSchwartz Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll attempt the corrective action recommended by Sherlock.
  • henryavohenryavo Member
    June 9th and still cannot download my transactions from Ally bank. Upgraded to Quicken 2019 on May 2nd . I read all the previous threads and I don't think modifying the files code is the answer. Obviously Ally is aware of the problem and not doing anything about it so the conclusion is probably about money. Hope this gets fixed soon....
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's time for a new bank that doesn't generate bad QFX files or better yet, supports Direct Connect?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
    henryavo said:
    June 9th and still cannot download my transactions from Ally bank.
    Are you using Quicken One Step Update -
    or manually downloading a QFX file, and manually Importing that into Quicken.
    Do you receive any error messages, or what...
    edited June 2019
    Just downloaded a test from ALLY - my savings acct - and Imported into Quicken -
    and the downloaded QFX file import worked fine -
    <OFX>
    <SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
    <SONRS>
    <STATUS>
    <CODE>0</CODE>
    <SEVERITY>INFO</SEVERITY>
    </STATUS>
    <DTSERVER>xxxxxx0xx00000</DTSERVER>
    <LANGUAGE>ENG</LANGUAGE>
    <FI>
    <ORG>Ally</ORG>

<FID>6157</FID>
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>6157</INTU.BID>

• Oliver104Oliver104 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I don't think it is consistently downloading with INTU.BID. On June 7th (3 days ago) I downloaded my transactions and had to add the missing INTU.BID element. I then realized I was missing some transactions (as I'd only downloaded 30 days of transactions, and some must have occurred before that.) So I logged in again (literally 10 minutes later on June 7th) and downloaded 60 days of transactions. I went to edit the .qfx file but it already contained the INTU.BID and INTU.USERID elements (I'd never entered the INTU.USERID element before, so I know it was not a file I'd touched, that and it had the missing transactions.) Thinking it might've been just 60 days of transactions that worked I downloaded 30, 90, 120 and custom date range of 30 days - they all contained the INTU.xxx elements.

I have attempted to download transactions several times following (on the 8th and today, the 10th) - ever since then none have contained the INTU.XXX elements. I've tried different durations (30 and 60 days) and tried logging on/off several times to see if subsequent downloads go to a different server.

So for me it mostly still doesn't work but I have seen it work for that one day.

Also I downloaded the specs to several versions of OFX (versions 1.0.2, and 2.0.3) and did a word search for INTU (hoping to find either INTU.BID or INTU.USERID) - I never did find either, just the start of intuit. I did find FID and SONRS in the specs (validating I was looking in the right documents for tag names.) So maybe that explains why the earlier poster was able to import with YNAB, as in maybe YNAB honors the spec but Quicken 2017 doesn't.
  • tf in piedmonttf in piedmont Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have not been able to download Ally for about a month. Tried again today and it still didn't work, saying that Quicken did not recognize the financial institution. I was finally able to get the downloaded QFX file to import when I followed Sherlock's advice (in the June 3rd post) and added <INTU.BID>6157 at the appropriate spot in the QFX file (using TextEdit). Thanks, Sherlock! This problem has been vexing me for a month.
This discussion has been closed.