Sam's Club MasterCard - Duplicate Transactions

Starting about a week ago, now every time I download from Sam's I get duplicates of transactions that were already downloaded the last time.

Answers

• I too am getting duplicate transactions from Sam's Club when downloading .
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah ✭✭✭✭ Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report that you are downloading duplicate transactions, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and steps available at https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-register-entries and let us know if this information helps.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Keith DavisKeith Davis Member ✭✭
    All those directions tell me to contact Sam's Club MC. I don't have time for that.
  • CupplesJCupplesJ Member
    I also have this same issue and have been having it for a while.  The directions referenced by Quicken Support "Sarah" assume that we are putting the duplicate transactions into the register.  I am not doing that. So adding the transaction id to the register won't help me. I have deleted them from the transactions trying to be accepted.

This instructions also say to contact the bank or Quicken Support.   

A couple of things...
    1) Historically, I would see duplicate transactions from Sam's Club Mastercard (by Synchrony Bank) after the the statement has posted on the bank account.   I will have to check at the next statement to see if that is still happening.  Ironically, that was happening only to Sam's Club and Wal-Mart charges.     I think this is occurring because Synchrony is amending these transactions as a part of the statement process to add more information to them, such as the first few items on the receipt become available as a part of the statement.   If this is still occurring, it needs to be fixed.  I will post an update in a few days.

2) Currently what is happening is that duplicates are appearing within 24 -48 hours, if I download transactions on a daily basis. If I download less often, they both come together.  What I have noticed with these, and you can tell by looking at the cleared transactions waiting to be accepted by clicking on the "edit" button and look at the "Revert to" line under edit that the "vendor information is different"  One transaction will have "<Vendor Name >  <City> <State>", while the other will have "<Vendor Name> <State> <City> ***", literally ** or ***.  

I have a lot more issues with this bank and quicken than any other.  It would be really helpful if there was better communication between the two organizations to minimize impact to us, the common customer.

• Paul RoquesPaul Roques ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭
     @CupplesJ

I am seeing the same thing...

Yesterday the Sam's statement closed and today when I ran "One Step Update" it not only downloaded two random transactions from weeks ago (one from the 11th & one from the 17th) which had already been downloaded and reconciled and it downloaded each one TWICE. One was from Walmart & one was from Sam's Club.

We just had the pending transaction issue, with Sam's Synchrony, solved a couple of weeks ago and now this...will it ever end :#   
This discussion has been closed.