Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

One Step Update - feezes with Mobile Sync

I just upgraded from Quicken 2016 to Quicken Premier and the program becomes unresponsive whenever I run the One Step Update.  I validated the quicken data file and the issue is still happening.  What else can I do to get it working right?

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you syncing to Mobile?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • staabbjstaabbj Member
    Yes I was.  I did figure out how to turn that off and the one step update will now download transactions for my accounts and not crash.  Now how to figure out what is causing the issue with the cloud sync so I can make use of the mobile app.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @staabbj

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

When the Mobile Sync is first activated, it is syncing 2 years of your account and transaction data so the first sync can take quite a while to complete. 

Most Users will successfully complete the sync within 5-10 minutes, however some Users have reported the sync taking 4-5 hours or overnight to complete, during which Quicken will appear "frozen" or "not responding", even though the sync is still running and working correctly.

The Mobile Sync can be set-up from the Mobile & Web tab by clicking on the Getting Started button, if you decide you would like to use the Mobile/Web Apps.

Once the initial sync completes, each successive sync will complete much more quickly since it is just syncing the changes in your data, and not the entire 2 years worth of history.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah

• staabbjstaabbj Member
    Accepted Answer
    Sarah, thanks for the info.  Quicken seemed to have an issue with trying to sync all of my accounts at once. So I deactived the cloud/mobile sync.  When I reactivated the cloud/mobile sync I selected just one account to sync.  Once that successfully completed, I added another account.  I continued adding one account at a time and letting it complete the sync.  I now have all my accounts sysnced and Quicken appears to be working fine.  Thanks for the help.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @staabbj

You are welcome, I'm glad to hear that you were able to sync successfully and all accounts are now working correctly :)

If there is anything else the Community may assist with, please let us know!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.