Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to fix "Credit Score = 0" ?

I have successfully upgraded from Quicken Windows 2016 to 2018 (Rev level 16) with no errors or malfunctions reading in the previous data files.  I like the new visual interface and have general satisfaction with the progress that Quicken has accomplished in the past 3 years from their catastrophic 2015 struggles.

Only thing that doesn't work correctly is that the Credit Score feature always reports "0" which can't be real. How do I fix this to report correctly?

Best Answer

• Steven Wetterling
    Steven Wetterling Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    July 25, 2019: Checked on the Credit Score feature after the most recent couple of patches and found that it now works correctly.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    How far have you gotten? Did you click on "Credit Score View..." and go through all the steps of verifying your identity?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Steven Wetterling
    Mister Squirrel (nice handle): 
    I previously registered, viewed & used routinely the Equifax generated Credit Score in the Quicken 2016 PC version.  And then I upgraded to the latest (more web / cloud oriented) version of Quicken for PC with otherwise quite good success and zero data loss.  The problem appears to be that the upgrade process pulled over the prior Credit Score Registration credentials - an entirely reasonable thing to do - but then failed in some way to make them usable in Quicken 2018.  Maybe what I need to do is a way to "Un-register" the Credit Score to go back to a null but stable for Quicken 2018, and then Register again??
    > Means:  It worked correctly in Q2016 and then broke during the upgrade to Q2018 and I don't see a path to recovery.
    s.w.
  • Steven Wetterling
    Latest on the "Credit Score = 0" response:  The Quicken chat person I just concluded with said
    > that Quicken no longer "partners" with the credit score vendor
    > that all users of this feature should now be seeing the "Credit Score = 0" response.

Therefore it is effectively a DEAD FEATURE appearing on Quicken every time I start the program on my PC.

Very weird.  And undesirable.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I don't know if that "Quicken Chat person" was ignorant, or perhaps from a "chat site" other than official Quicken support ... but that info is plain wrong.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Steven Wetterling

My name is Sarah and I am a Moderator for the Quicken Community and an official representative of the Quicken Support Teams.

I took the liberty of reviewing your account and the chat transcript from your recent contact with Support and would like to sincerely apologize for the misinformation you were provided.

I have forwarded the chat transcript to our Senior Leadership Staff so they may be aware of this experience and follow-up with the Representative as appropriate. 

I apologize again for the negative experience and misinformation given.

The Credit Score is a feature that is still offered and supported through our current contract with Equifax.  If you are registered for the Credit Score service, you should be receiving updates and accurate reports of your credit score. 

When was Quicken upgraded from the 2016 version? 

In the upper right corner of Quicken, does the Bell icon show any notifications and/or instructions about Credit Score Registration?

I looked into this matter further and was also able to confirm that Equifax is reporting that they are currently experiencing issues with some features such as User and feature enrollments which may be impacting the score being reported in Quicken.

I would recommend allowing up to 48 hours and then trying to refresh the credit score again, please let us know if the "0" score continues to be displayed or if the refresh was successful and the correct information is now reported.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Steven Wetterling
    edited May 2019
    Sarah:

I think that you are telling me that this chat person got it completely and specifically wrong - as in the category of "making it up" because he did not know [removed] and not really interested in whatever the correct answer was.

His response time to me was very slow on each back and forth.

[removed]

Traveling today and for the next couple of weeks so not likely to be available to pick up this thread for awhile.

s.w.

• Steven Wetterling
    Accepted Answer
    July 25, 2019: Checked on the Credit Score feature after the most recent couple of patches and found that it now works correctly.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Steven Wetterling

I'm glad to hear that the credit score is now updating correctly and appreciate your taking the time to post back with the update and confirmed resolution.

If there is anything else the Community or myself may assist with, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.