Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

5/10/19 duplicate/split accounts

Version = windows subscription (previous version = windows 2017)

I've experienced a TROUBLING problem. Some investment accounts have been duplicated with a portion of transactions in each "account" ('account' and new 'account 2'). In some cases the combined balance of the 2 accounts is correct, in other cases not. Also, in some cases, there is not a second new account but the balances are not correct. 

Anyone else having this problem? Any recommendations beyond restoring backup and re-posting hundreds of transactions?

Thank you.

KD7

Comments

• johnboyle5555johnboyle5555 Member ✭✭
    yes i have the same problem.  Do not have an answer.  Quicken should fix the error!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    Do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If no, turn Sync off completely.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    You also need to restore your Quicken data file from a prior backup.
  • I ended up restoring a backup from a few weeks ago and spent 1.5 days downloading and re-processing.  I also turned off mobile sync.  Now everything is up to date EXCEPT one TDAmeritrade brokerage account which shows a massive negative account balance.  I deactivated and re-setup online services.  When I click on the button to display Holdings, Quicken crashes.  When I click on Reconcile Shares, it displays a large negative investment security balance difference between what Quicken thinks vs. what is actually in the account.
    Any other thoughts?
    Quicken premier subscription.
    Thank you.

• kdierkingkdierking Member
    Accepted Answer
    Chatted with Monica online, who had me run file validation which seems to have repaired the problem
This discussion has been closed.