Download account statements

It would be great for Quicken to integrate downloaded account statements.

Like most people I've gone to all electronic billing which means I need to download electronic statement copies every month. 

There are services to do this, like Filethis.com, but I don't trust them with sensitive account information, I only use it for things like my cable bill.

Quicken already has all of my account information so including an option to download statements would be a huge benefit (and help ease the pain of the absurd price increase of late. That needs to come with serious improvements to the software.)
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @user74055 ,

It is already available. It is called Online Bills. You need to Add Online Billers.
    You need to furnish Quicken with your Online Access to each of your Billers.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R20.15 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4

Vote:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20022841#Comment_20022841

• Does that download the PDF or the due date and amount?
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @user74055 ,

To be perfectly honest, I don't use Online Bills at all. I choose to log into each of my Billers and download a copy of my Bill and save it to Paperport Folder for that Biller.

When you add Online Bills, it also increases the time for your One Step Update, unless you click on One Step Update and after entering your Vault Password, you click Settings as oppose to Update Now, in order to see what is being updated.

One doesn't need to Update Bills every single time you click One Step Update.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R20.15 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4

Vote:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20022841#Comment_20022841

• I added one but I don't see how or where it's going to download the PDF of the bill.
  • (Why is this thread in errors & troubleshooting? I'd swear I put it in product ideas.)
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    user74055 said:
    Does that download the PDF or the due date and amount?
    user74055 said:
    I added one but I don't see how or where it's going to download the PDF of the bill.
    Hello @user74055

Great questions, thank you for taking the time to share them with the Community!

For Online Billers that support PDF downloads, when the monthly statement become available, the PDF statement, including the due date and amount downloads to Quicken.  **Please Note: Not all Online Billers support PDF statement downloads**

Once downloaded, the PDF can be viewed in the Bills tab by clicking on the paper icon to the right of the Biller name.

I hope this information is helpful, but please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13
    user74055 said:
    I added one but I don't see how or where it's going to download the PDF of the bill.
    Open the Bill & Income Reminders (scheduled transactions) window. You'll see a column for PDF.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
  • So it'll only download going forward, not past statements?

(That's fine, I just want to make sure I know what it's going to do.)

Where on my machine are the PDFs stored?
  • I've set this up for several accounts.

It looks like it doesn't automatically download the statements, it just gives you a link to do so. Am I missing something?

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @EdgyCricket

I apologize for the confusion, the icon will open a list of available PDF statements that can either be opened and viewed (click on View) or downloaded directly to your computer, if you wish.

Hope this helps but please let me know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Thanks.

In that case I'm unclear on why this thread was moved out of suggestions because Quicken doesn't do the thing I suggested.

Can it be moved back or should I start a new thread?