WIN: Venmo Sync Issues / CC-501

This discussion was created from comments split from: Venmo won't sync.

Comments

• Greg BrownGreg Brown Member
    Same issue here CC-501 when trying to update Venmo.
    Windows 10 PRO
    Quicken H&B 2017
  • I talked to Quicken tier 2 support, and they claim this is an issue with Venmo. I was on the phone with Quicken for over an hour and they were unable to resolve this. I have sent a message to Venmo support asking for assistance.
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member
    Thanks for the update.
  • DwightDwight Member
    I also tried disabling downloads and re-enabling. I get the message

"Ooops. We are having a problem. CC-501". The message goes on to say "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time. Please do not contact Venmo for assistance. They cannot fix this problem. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!" 

Any thoughts about next steps to try and resolve this?

Thank you.
  • DwightDwight Member
    I should have mentioned that I am on Windows 10.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

I attempted to add an account with Venmo to my Quicken data file using fake login credentials, to test the connection and also received a CC-501 error code instead of the invalid login error I should have received.

This lead me to review the log files that contain the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution server and there does appear to be an error in the script that needs to be investigated further and possibly escalated to our Service Providers to resolve.

If you haven't yet, please contact Quicken Support for assistance with advanced troubleshooting and review of your log files to verify the internal error.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah A user has reported above already discussing this with Quicken "level 2 support" back on May 3. Is there any way to find out whether this is indeed a known issue with Venmo (in which case sending more users to do the same diagnostics with Support would likely be a waste of time) or whether Quicken support has no record of this being a problem yet even though half a dozen people have reported it here? (I'm only looking to avoid duplicating efforts if this is already a known issue.)
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    Hi @jacobs

Great question! 

Since the root cause of the CC-501 error is an internal error in the aggregation script, the more documented cases with log files that demonstrate this error, the better.  

Determining the customer impact helps us to drive for resolution with our Service Partners and the more cases Support can receive, verify and escalate helps us to demonstrate the high User impact and helps drive for a faster solution. 

Thanks,

Sarah
  • JayBugsJayBugs Member
    @Quicken Sarah, Venmo stopped downloading for me a few days ago as well. Deactivate/add online again fails with code CC-501 for me as well.

Same issue:
    <!--
    -->
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><cc:CCWSResponse xmlns:cc="http://www.intuit.com/CustomerCentral">
      <status>
        <code>ccscrape.101</code>
        <string>General error. No accounts returned - case 106</string>
        <msgId>907197873-1926437-30657-17051-10094-43981-24854</msgId>
      </status>

Please fix the backend issue in your scripts.

-Jay
  • Same issue here CC-501 when trying to update Venmo. Windows 10 PRO, Quicken Rental Property Manager 2017
  • AndrewQQAndrewQQ Member
    Adding myself as an affected user with same Venmo/cc-501 issue.
  • MisterbillMisterbill Member
    edited May 11
    I'm also having problems with Venmo but in my case I'm getting CC-506. I had a CC-501 but after retrying it (and trying a reset) ended up with CC-506.

Also, the error code doesn't show in the error message, I have to go to Learn More to see it.

• PS I'm using Quicken for Windows but I can't imagine that it makes a difference for this. Just noticed this was in the Mac area.
  • Please add me to this issue.  Have 2 Venmo accounts and they worked great when I first setup, but stopped working after April 28.     I use Subscription version of Quicken Premier R18.16 Build 27.1.18.16
  • ArpitArpit Member
    I am having the exact same issue as @Misterbill

Venmo stopped updating a few days ago and was getting CC-501 error, went through process to reset and now get CC-506 (when looking at Learn More from update screen).

Win10,
    Quicken Premier 2019, R18.16, 27.1.18.16

• Andre22Andre22 Member
    Add me to the Venmo sync crowd. My Quicken incident # is 02703808. Regards...Please let us know either by note here or replying to my incident #.

• jdcqjdcq Member
    Same issue as everyone else. CC-506 when attempting to sync with Venmo.

I contacted Venmo support (Trystan D) was told Venmo no longer supports syncing with Quicken.

However, this was first line support, and the first four exchanges involved me repeatedly responding that I was not referring to Quicken Loans...
  • skubisskubis Member
    Same problem for me started two or so weeks ago - early May.  Get cc-501 internal error with Venmo.  Quicken needs to resolve this.
  • Add me to the list.  Even deactivated the online settings for all Venmo accounts, rebooted, and tried to setup again.  Same problem.  Quicken, please fix.
  • Heather1Heather1 Member
    Add me as well for about a month now!  Please fix.
  • Heather1Heather1 Member
    @Quicken Sarah, is this being resolved?  Is it enough to state here I'm having the issue???

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration experienced.

If you haven't yet, please contact Quicken Support for assistance with advanced troubleshooting and review of your log files to verify the internal error to add your information to the open escalation with our service providers for this error.

Thank you,

Sarah

• From Online Support Agent.  In short, "blah blah blah".

"I was reviewing our information and it seems the issue has been escalated to the right department. We are in contact with our service providers and are working together with Venmo to find a solution. If you would like to be notified when the issue is solved you have to add the post to your bookmarks while singed in to your Quicken community account."
  • bbrunettebbrunette Member
    Exact issue on my end.  Quicken, please resolve.

Sarah,

This response is a little nutso!  We are all having the same problem.  Its obviously a known issue and your request that each of us send in (seemingly identical) log files, etc only serves to contribute to our frustration. 

Either you know the bug and are working on fixing it or you do not and you need more data to identify it?  Please advise which it is.  I cant imagine its the latter because all you have to do is setup a venmo account and try it and you will have a reproducible issue. 

Please stop asking us to provide you data that you can easily obtain on your own. 

Please update us with the open ticket that this issue is being tracked as and the status on the issue and when we can expect a fix. 
    Thank you
    -megan 
    Hello @Megan Zuckerman

The escalation with our Service Providers regarding the CC-501 error when attempting to add or update accounts with Venmo is still open and on-going and we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available.

At this time our escalations department is still requesting individual user log files to add to this open investigation to aid in the investigation.

As the root cause of the CC-501 error is an internal error in the coding of the aggregation script, the more documented cases with unique User log files that demonstrate this error, the better.  

Determining the customer impact helps us to drive for resolution with our Service Partners and the more cases Support can receive, verify and escalate helps us to demonstrate the high User impact and drive for a higher priority and faster resolution. 

This error can be replicated in-house using fake login credentials, however, those log files only demonstrate the initial login call and response to the Financial Institution servers and cannot demonstrate the full HTML script to then request account and transaction information. Multiple log files that do show the full HTML scripting calls and responses help confirm where the coding is broken and needs to be corrected.

I hope this information is helpful and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Sarah - Have written custom software for 20+ years.  I can understand the need for log files when it is a non-reproducible error that only happens on isolated machines.  However, since you have reproduced the issue on your side (with fake credentials), it would seem more prudent for Quicken's development team to have some test accounts owned by Quicken (aka real credentials) so they can repeat the test as needed, and fix the issue.  Please don't try to put the burden on the end-user; when this is obviously a system-wide, repeatable issue that you guys just haven't gotten around to fixing.
    Hello All,

If you would like to be automatically notified when this issue is resolved, please visit https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854201/5-23-19-venmo-returns-cc-501-101-error and click the yellow star icon to "bookmark" the Alert.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.