No longer got e-mails. Sign-in not working.

Only realized today--I no longer am getting e-mails. My sign-in was not working. Went through 3 iterations to get passwords to work.
Why?
How do I re-sign up for all new announcements (or updates to discussions) like I used to have? I don't see it.

Comments

• DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    The closest I saw for my question is CLOSED, so I ask here:  I can't edit profile--Name already used error. How do I edit it>?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DHC,

Welcome back to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.  

Quicken moved to a new forum platform hosted by a company called "Vanilla" at the end of January 2019 and unfortunately the Username rules are a little different with Vanilla from our prior providers "GetSatisfaction".

I would be happy to change your Username on your behalf, please just let me know what Username you would prefer to use.

Please note, Usernames must be unique and not in use by any other Users and can only contain letters, numbers, or underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DHC ,

Hi ,

At the top of this Website is a small Gear on the right side. It is called Account Options.

Left click it and right-click Edit Profile. Left click Open Link in New Tab.

Takes you to: https://community.quicken.com/categories/quickencommunity_new_to_the_community

In the New Tab, left-click Edit Profile. On the left side, click on Notification Preferences and adjust according to your liking.

Scroll down to the bottom and click Save Preferences.

• DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    Sarah--  Yes, I've been left out!  Please change it to DHClem. or DHC7 and just tell me which worked. Then do I use my previous password?
    Hi @DHClem

Thanks for the response :) I've gone ahead and updated your username to be "DHClem" as requested.

The next time you sign in, enter "DHClem" as the Username and the same password you are currently using.

Thanks again!

Sarah

• DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    Super, Sarah!  Do I have to do anything to go back getting all the discussion notifications in e-mail?
  • DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭

Thanks...will try.
  • DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    I'm not getting ANY e-mails as I used to!
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi DHClem, appreciate your question.

I would click on the cog wheel on the top right of the screen and choose "Edit Profile" and then click on "Notification Preferences" to select your e-mail preferences.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    I have (almost) all notifications checked. But apparently there is not longer any way to get e-mails automatically for new QM issues/questions/threads? Is that right?
    Hello @DHClem

That is correct, with the move to the new platform for the Community called "Vanilla", the ability to receive email notifications for new issues/questions/threads is no longer available, I apologize.

As an alternative, I recommend "bookmarking" any posts that you would like to receive notifications for, by clicking the Yellow Star Icon in the upper right corner of the post.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    I hope efforts are made to get back that much appreciated feature!

Thanks for writing.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    Yes, without it, it makes it difficult for interested users to stay engaged. 

Aside from bookmarking as mentioned above, the only other way for members to receive notifications is to reply to a also thread. Note however that if you do, there is currently no way to stop receiving notifications from that particular thread. Usually that is not a big issue but you should be aware of that, especially for threads that can sometimes become quite active. 

HTH

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    Hi, again,
    I did just a question about upgrading from 2019 to QM 2019--love for you to respond. You've been so so helpful.
    DHC
    Hi @DHClem ,

Not  @smayer97  and Not MAC, but Windows.
    Are you saying that you are converting from Windows to MAC, there is this Article from Quicken:  https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quicken-windows-quicken-mac-2016
    Last updated: 05/01/2019 Article ID: GEN86441

On the subject of > "I have (almost) all notifications checked. But apparently there is not longer any way to get e-mails automatically for new QM issues/questions/threads? Is that right?"

The only way, is to become an Active Poster on the board and be promoted to being a SuperUser on the board and being noticed for your work. It takes time and being noticed for your Hard Work. You can also be removed, as well for being lazy and not posting.

(I like to give the good and bad, so you know what is expected.)

• DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    NO, I left QM for QW for years and ran it under emulation but jumped back to Mac with QM 2017. Still miss functionality of the earlier versions. Now on QM 2017 (sorry for the unnoticed typo above--made my message confusing), I wonder when upgrading to QM 2019 is *safe* and worth the change.
  • DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    Thanks for *all* your advice!
  • DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    And--Quicken people--if you put *back* the automatic e-mails on new threads, you would have WAY more involvement and interaction!!!!
    DHClem said:
    NO, I left QM for QW for years and ran it under emulation but jumped back to Mac with QM 2017. Still miss functionality of the earlier versions. Now on QM 2017 (sorry for the unnoticed typo above--made my message confusing), I wonder when upgrading to QM 2019 is *safe* and worth the change.
    Hi @DHClem ,

If you are located in Canada, and on QM2017, that is a Subscription Product. And you are already on the latest version.

If you are located in the U,S,A,, and on QM2017, that is not a Subscription Product. However, come April 30, 2020, you will need to decide, whether to continue to use QM2017 in Manual Mode or upgrade to Subscription Product.

See:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy?priorityCode=1348800000
  • DHClemDHClem Member ✭✭
    Thanks for that!
This discussion has been closed.