can't get rid of flagged transaction

I have a flagged downloaded a transaction on my TD Ameritrade account.  However there is no downloaded transaction to review. I see a downloaded transaction when I go to online tools but it does not show it as unreconciled and there is no unreviewed transaction in my account.  I called support and they had me go back to an old file and restore it., do a file repair and that flag disappeared after an update.  However the next day  when I did a new update the flag re appeared and same problem re occurred I manually added the missing transaction in my account but the flag still appears.  The account is reconciled but the flag will not go away.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Arthur Sterbcow

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and troubleshooting steps provided at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/quicken-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug and let us know if this helps to resolve the Red Flag notification.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Arthur SterbcowArthur Sterbcow Member ✭✭
    No that still did not fix the problem. The red flag is still there even after following all the steps. Any other idea?
    Does anyone have any suggestion to fix this?  Sarah?
    Hello @Arthur Sterbcow

I'm sorry to hear that the Red Flags persist after following those steps and thank you for posting back with the updated information.

My next recommendation would be to create a brand new, manual account and export the transactions from the TD Ameritrade account into a QIF file by going to the File menu > File Export > QIF File. 

In the window that opens, select the correct account from the drop-down, click the "Transactions" box, note the location of where the QIF file is being saved on your hard drive and click "OK"

Once the file has been created, go back to the File menu and this time select File Import > QIF File.  Browse to the location of the saved QIF file we just created.  Once found, select the file and then choose the newly created manual account from the list of accounts, clicking "import" when ready.

The transactions should import into the new account and hopefully rebuild the database table to remove the "phantom" transactions causing the Red Flag. 

If successful, the empty original TD Ameritrade account can be deleted and downloads reactivated on the new account.

Please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions/concerns, or if you would prefer, please contact Quicken Support for assistance with exporting and importing the QIF file.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Thanks for tryng Sarah but that did not work either. The red flag transaction is still appearing but there are no transactions to be reviewed or reconciled.
    Any other ideas?
    Tried everything.  Nothing has worked.  appears to be a bug in the program.
    Hello @Arthur Sterbcow

I'm sorry to hear that the red flag is still persisting and thank you for trying the steps provided.

May I ask, what version and release of Quicken are you using?  Would you be willing to share a sanitized copy of your data file for debug?   

Sanitizing a data file removes all personally identifiable information, including login credentials, payee/account names and obfuscates the transaction details to ensure your privacy remains intact.

If so, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem".  In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the box for "sanitized data file" and click Send to Quicken.

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can locate the report in the system.

Thank you,

Sarah
    I sent the sanitized copy. Using  Quicken Home Business & Rental Property 2019 
    R19.43
    Build 27.1.19.43
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    "The red flag transaction is still appearing ....".

Assuming you did as Quicken Sarah suggested (deleted the account with the red flag), I'm not sure how you can "still" be seeing that flag.

Are you saying you have not deleted the original account (so you are "still" seeing its red flag)? 

Or are you saying that after you deleted the original account and activated downloads for the new account, you "again" got a red flag (rather than "still") for the new account?

[Quoting Quicken Sarah: "If successful, the empty original TD Ameritrade account can be deleted and downloads reactivated on the new account."]

If you did delete the old account, and a download to the new account presented the red flag again with no transactions; you can try this long shot:
    - Delete the old account
    - Make a Quicken Copy of your data (File > File Operations > Copy
    - Open the Copy
    - Hold down CTRL+SHIFT while clicking File > File Operations > Validate and Repair
    - Put a checkmark in the "Super validate file" box in the resulting dialog
    - Click OK
    - Add your new account

If that helps, continue using the Validated Copy.

Otherwise you can revert to your original file. Then there is something else you could do to add some additional information to the problem description. 

Create a New (test) Quicken file. Setup just the problem account in that New (test) file. Note whether the problem recurs after a download.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    I followed Sarah’s suggestion to the letter. The red flag still occurs. I tried the procedure twice and and result. I think there is just a bug in the program?
    sarah requested that I send a sanitized file which I have done and am awaiting further direction.

i even went back to an old back up file that did not have the problem and set up a secondary file and when I updated the “clean” file the flag showed up in that file too!!

Sarah, is there any update to this problem?
    Hi @Arthur Sterbcow

I apologize for the delay, I was able to locate the Report a Problem submission but unfortunately the sanitized data file copy did not come through.

I've sent you a Private Message through the Community with some additional information and an alternate way to send the file.

Please just respond to that message, thank you.

Sarah
    File format is not allowed.
    ×File size is too large. (max 52428800 bytes)

I get this error message
    Hi @Arthur Sterbcow

I was able to receive the sanitized data file, thank you so much!

I'm investigating this, but had a quick question for you.  In the Investing account that shows the Red Flag - do you have a "_DivInc" transaction entered on 4/30/19 for $0.02 in your register?

Please let me know, thanks!

Sarah
    No that transaction does not appear in the account register. But it does show up in "online tools" and there is nothing that will get rid of it in online tools options.

Arthur
    I meant it appears in "online center "not online tools.
    You are a GENIUS!!!!!!

It worked!!

👍👍👍😂😂😂😇❤️

Thank you!!!!!
    Yay!!!!! I'm so glad to hear that worked for you as well and appreciate your posting back with the update :)

I'll go ahead and mark this one as "solved" but if there is anything else the Community can assist with, please let us know.

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.