can't get rid of flagged transaction

I have a flagged downloaded a transaction on my TD Ameritrade account.  However there is no downloaded transaction to review. I see a downloaded transaction when I go to online tools but it does not show it as unreconciled and there is no unreviewed transaction in my account.  I called support and they had me go back to an old file and restore it., do a file repair and that flag disappeared after an update.  However the next day  when I did a new update the flag re appeared and same problem re occurred I manually added the missing transaction in my account but the flag still appears.  The account is reconciled but the flag will not go away.

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Arthur Sterbcow

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and troubleshooting steps provided at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/quicken-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug and let us know if this helps to resolve the Red Flag notification.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • No that still did not fix the problem. The red flag is still there even after following all the steps. Any other idea?
  • Does anyone have any suggestion to fix this?  Sarah?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Arthur Sterbcow

I'm sorry to hear that the Red Flags persist after following those steps and thank you for posting back with the updated information.

My next recommendation would be to create a brand new, manual account and export the transactions from the TD Ameritrade account into a QIF file by going to the File menu > File Export > QIF File. 

In the window that opens, select the correct account from the drop-down, click the "Transactions" box, note the location of where the QIF file is being saved on your hard drive and click "OK"

Once the file has been created, go back to the File menu and this time select File Import > QIF File.  Browse to the location of the saved QIF file we just created.  Once found, select the file and then choose the newly created manual account from the list of accounts, clicking "import" when ready.

The transactions should import into the new account and hopefully rebuild the database table to remove the "phantom" transactions causing the Red Flag. 

If successful, the empty original TD Ameritrade account can be deleted and downloads reactivated on the new account.

Please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions/concerns, or if you would prefer, please contact Quicken Support for assistance with exporting and importing the QIF file.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Thanks for tryng Sarah but that did not work either. The red flag transaction is still appearing but there are no transactions to be reviewed or reconciled.
    Any other ideas?