Does the 2-year subscription include online access?

I have been a user for Quicken online for a long time, and have been paying a monthly online access fee. I usually just buy a new version of the SW every few years, and continue paying the monthly online access fee. Now they have this promotion of a 2-year subscription that includes the SW. 
I am assuming that this 2-year subscription includes the online access for downloading bank/credit card transactions, and for sending online payment to banks and credit card companies, right?
Another question is: the promotion email said the Premier version includes Quicken bill pay (and the Deluxe version doesn't). Not sure if I need this service since I just want to pay credit card companies, and other institutions such as PG & E. I think this payment service has been part of quicken for a long time. How is this Quicken Bill Pay different from what they had before? 
Also if I buy a subscription, would I be able to install the SW on multiple machines? I like to use quicken from my work too.
TIA!

Answers

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15
    What version of Quicken are you currently using ?
    --> Help --> About Quicken
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • wyt168wyt168 Member
    Quicken 2015 I believe. After they stopped supporting it, I just used my bank (Wells Fargo) to pay my bill.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    wyt168 said:
    … I usually just buy a new version of the SW every few years, and continue paying the monthly online access fee. Now they have this promotion of a 2-year subscription that includes the SW.

There is NO monthly fee to use the Quicken program.  There is a monthly charge if you are using Quicken's BillPay system, but that only provides BillPay and only works if your version of Quicken is still supported for online banking.
    Who are you paying this fee to and how much?
    Are you sure that the fee is not from the financial institution for allowing you to do Direct Connect downloads?
    Until you provide more info, answers to your questions would be suspect.

Premier and higher provide up to 15 payments per month FREE, all the editions of Quicken are capable of doing Quicken Bill Pay, but Starter and Deluxe have a fee.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You have asked several questions - all somewhat interrelated -
    And need to find out some details on a couple of things ...
    You mentioned  "I have been a user for Quicken online for a long time, and have been paying a monthly online access fee"
    Who exactly is that fee being paid to - as there is NO monthly fee from Quicken -
    Is it Wells Fargo charging for the ability to use Quicken ?
    Topics to discuss and clarify
    - Monthly fee - who is this for
    - Downloading transactions is always avail from Quicken - depends on the bank
    - BillPay - this can be done with Quicken - BUT - there are a couple of differences
    - Quicken Premier includes the Quicken Bill Pay feature for free
    - Quicken Deluxe include the Quicken Bill Pay feature - but not free
    - Quicken can ALSO use your banks Bill Pay directly - if they support it
    - You can install Quicken on multiple computers - but there is no shared cloud

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10