Unable to download from Capital One - "We've hit a snag".

Quicken for Windows 2019 R18.16. My Capital One account worked just fine until recently - for about the past 3 weeks, says

We're sorry, we hit a snag.

Looks like something went wrong, but we're working on it

Give it another try in a bit.

Return to quicken or let's try this again.

No CC error or anything.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Evan. Appreciate your question.

That error means that there is an issue with Capital One. There has not been any reports on that error so it should be temporary and you should be able to setup your account soon.

If the issue continues, we would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support and let us look into the issue.

Hope this information is helpful.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you tried downloading using the Actions gear icon in the account register, selecting "Update Now"? Sometimes that helps ...
  • Evan S PlattEvan S Platt Member ✭✭
    UKR said:
    have you tried downloading using the Actions gear icon in the account register, selecting "Update Now"? Sometimes that helps ...
    I tried to remove the account - sorry - disable online access, now it won't re-add it back :(
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Evan S Platt

I'm sorry to hear that the account will not reactivate and thank you for the response.

When attempting to reactivate the account, what steps are you taking?  Are you going to the "Set Up Now" button under the Online Services tab?

Or going to the Tools menu > Add Account option?

If you haven't yet, please try to reactivate the account(s) through the Tools menu > Add Account process and let us know if the reactivation is successful or if it still fails with the "we've hit a snag" error message.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Hi @Evan S Platt

I'm sorry to hear that the account will not reactivate and thank you for the response.

When attempting to reactivate the account, what steps are you taking?  Are you going to the "Set Up Now" button under the Online Services tab?

Or going to the Tools menu > Add Account option?

If you haven't yet, please try to reactivate the account(s) through the Tools menu > Add Account process and let us know if the reactivation is successful or if it still fails with the "we've hit a snag" error message.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Hi,
    Yes, I'm going to Tools, Accounts, Edit / Online Services / Set Up Now (I still have the account there, just not connected). Still getting the error. :(
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Evan S Platt

I would recommend going to the Tools menu at the top of Quicken and selecting "Add Account" from the menu to reactivate the account.

Select the account type and Financial Institution name.  A Capital One widget will open and have you sign in and authorize your accounts for download.

When returned to the Quicken Add Account window, be sure to "link" your accounts to their already existing names in Quicken, this ensures that the accounts aren't added twice and duplicate transactions/balances.

Please be aware, we are currently investigating an intermittent XML error when attempting to add accounts with Capital One, so the attempt may still be unsuccessful, however please let us know if you are still receiving the "we've hit a snag" error message.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Still not working :( Same error.
  • mandersonmsamandersonmsa Member
    I'm experiencing the same issue as noted above.

Had Cap1 credit card setup, stopped working stating needs to reauthorize.

Click to reauthorize and opens login screen, sign in, and then presented with the were sorry hit a snag message.

This started in last couple weeks. I tried again today with the same results.

I logged into my Cap1 account and removed Quicken from the linked apps.

I then proceeded like Evan to deactive the account from within Quicken.

I went back into the Cap1 account and tried the setup online as well as the tools menu to add account, both lead to the same sign in screen, with the same results, Sorry we hit a snag.

I logged on here thinking this was more than just an issue with my account, and turns out I'm correct :)

Any update or work around would be greatly appreciated.