Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Problem with Bill and Income Reminders

I have recently upgraded from Quicken 2017 Deluxe to Quicken 2019 Deluxe and find that something that worked before is now not working. It relates to reminders of overdue bills and is currently affecting my current account and my credit card account.
Re the current account, I have 2 overdue reminders:
The account summary on the main page correctly reflects the fact that I have tasks to perform on this account i.e.

When I click on the icon shown next to the account name (as shown above), I get a pop-up that correctly states that "You have 2 scheduled bills or deposits due".
However, when I click on this pop-up and I am taken to the Bills and Income tab, I see a message stating "You have no items due or pending in the next 14 days" ???

On my credit card account, I have 3 overdue reminders
The account summary on the main page correctly reflects the fact that I have tasks to perform on this account i.e.

When I click on the icon shown next to the account name (as shown above), I get a pop-up that correctly states that "You have 3 scheduled bills or deposits due".
However, when I click on this pop-up and I am taken to the Bills and Income tab, the credit card account is not even available for display and the account to be displayed automatically defaults to "all accounts" ???

This definitely seems like a bug in the system to me?

I confirm that these overdue bills do show up in other lists, but I have been using the above method for years now and rely on it to be informed of accounts that need attention.
In addition I upgraded in order to benefit from improvements to Quicken and not to encounter things that no longer work?

I am therefore seriously considering asking for a refund of my money paid for this upgrade!
Quicken User since 1995

Answers

• SnowmanSnowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar problem with some of my bills earlier in this year with Quicken 2019 Premier.  I had to delete those bills and enter them again.  After that they have worked properly... so far.
  • Ray MolverRay Molver Member ✭✭✭
    I have just realized that my problem has been caused by the split of bills due and income due into separate screens and that only the income due screen has the option to view these items in stack view.
    I.e. bills due does not appear to have the stack view option.
    I upgraded from 2017 to 2019 (i.e. skipped 2018) and so I didn't realize that that this split took place in the 2018 version, that many Customers were very unhappy with this and that, as a result, Quicken eventually issued a patch to address this:

How do we fix this with the 2019 version?
    Quicken User since 1995
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same patch. There is no difference between 2018 and 2019. It's all just Quicken Subscription.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
    I have already installed this latest Mondo Patch, but it did not fix the problem?
    Quicken User since 1995
    Nevertheless, I see that you are still using Quicken 2017 and this means that you would not have encountered this issue as yet.
    I strongly recommend that you stick to the 2017 version as it is by far better than anything subsequent to this!

Quicken User since 1995
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ray Molver

If you have not already, you can get QWin 2019 to combine the bills and income the way it was in QWin 2017.

Click on the gear at the top right of the Bills page and select "Combine Bills, Income, and Transfer"
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
    I have tried that, but it does not provide the stack view per account that I am used to from 2017.
    Quicken User since 1995
This discussion has been closed.