Last update broke billers

JasonJason Member ✭✭
edited May 19 in Paying Bills (Windows)
I just downloaded 2019 R19.356 Build 27.1.19.36 (Redacted) Ever since updating, all my future credit card bills are showing my current bill due as the projected next payment due which is not correct. My current bill due is XXX dollars, but now it's saying that all my future upcoming reminders for this same credit card will be due for the exact same amount. This is a nightmare as I don't carry thousands of dollars on my credit card each month so it's throwing my projected balances way off. 

If I edit all future occurences and change it to $1 due on a certain date, as soon as I download my latest bill it assigns that bill value to every future upcoming credit card bill which it never used to do. How do we fix this? It's doing this for every single one of my credit card accounts now and is showing my projected checking balance at like -$80K because it now assumes I'll owe thousands on my credit on all future payments.

Best Answers

• dhendrix4dhendrix4 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I just updated to R19.44 this morning too!  I resolved my issue.  To monitor my process I did the following for each bill one at a time:
    Step 1.  I unlinked one Bill Reminder at a time that were affected from the Bills & Income Tab.  
    Step 2. I then selected ignore for each notification or "Ignore all past due notices for …." 
    Step 3. Relinked that bill to the Reminder.
    Step 4. Once that Bill Reminder was resolved I moved on to the next Bill Reminder. 
    Step 5.  After all the affected Bill Reminders were resolved I performed One Step Update. 
    Step 6. I had to resync a few bills with Financial Institutions but all is working now.  
    Hope this helps others.

Answers

• SJSSJS Member
    Over the past year, I've had my routine monthly bills on the calendar skip a month or two ahead.  It's never the same bill and it happens with bills that I've not edited the control entry recently.  I can understand that the mistake could be mine, if I edited the original entry but for bills that have been rocking along for years, suddenly one of my regular monthly scheduled entries is just missing.  When I go looking for it I find it a month or two ahead.   Has me worried that one will disappear and I'll not notice and forget to pay it.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you download transactions? If yes, do you have the preference set to Automatically Add Downloaded Transactions To Banking Registers?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • SJSSJS Member
    I do download transactions but I manually review before adding to the register.  
    Sometimes when entering a transaction or accepting a downloaded transaction, Quicken will try to match it to an upcoming reminder. When this happens, you'll see a prompt asking if the transaction is the next scheduled instance of some bill.

If you answer yes, it will skip the next instance of that reminder. If the prompt happens to be for the wrong reminder, you'll have skipped a payment. 

Because Quicken doesn't always guess right, I've gotten in the habit of always answering no to that prompt. I can always skip the reminder myself if needed. 
  • SJSSJS Member
    I've had the same experience myself.   Like I said, I check matched transactions and I turned off automatic naming years ago because that weird matching was happening.   This is something new within the last year.   And weirdly random.  If it just happened to one entry repeatedly, I'd figure it was something in the reminder and create a new one.  But, this has been skipping around and sabotaging reminders that have been on my calendar for years.   
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if you may be experiencing a click-thru issue.  I suggest resetting Quicken's warnings:

Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    @Sherlock is the click through issue still an issue?
    edited February 12
    mshiggins said:
    @Sherlock is the click through issue still an issue?
    I sure hope not but without, the warning, the inadvertent selection of Ignore (fka Skip) may explain the symptom.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • SJSSJS Member
    I have set that now.  I don't expect that it will help and this doesn't even show up every month, just way too many times in the last year to be an accident.   I carefully view my matched transactions and routinely see the warning about "is this the scheduled instance of" message but I'll give it a try.   
  • SJSSJS Member
    I have paid my last end of month bill using the calendar entry. No matching charges from the bank have even been funded yet and the calendar entry on my Quicken calendar completely skipped Mar and April and scheduled next event for May.

Just occurred to me that I was getting a random Quicken error -- I think I double-clicked a calendar entry when I only needed one click -- and the program closed. That actually happened to me twice during that overall session. That could account for the two months skip ahead. I'll keep an eye out for that in the future.
  • Doug RoussoDoug Rousso Member ✭✭
    edited May 11
    MY loan payment due date for a mortgage account is off by one month and I can't change it.  The payment date is 60 days ahead of when it's due, not 30.  When I go into the loan, change the payment due date when the next payment is actually due, it doesn't save it.  I've also checked the loan payment history and it shows the last payment date correctly, but if I wait to when the current payment due date comes up, I'll miss a month. (Rant Redacted)
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Doug. Appreciate your question.

Unfortunately, once the loan is established, there really isn't a way to make the payments bi-monthly without removing the loan and putting it in again.

I tried the replicate the issue on my Quicken and had the same result as what you did.

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Doug RoussoDoug Rousso Member ✭✭
    Not trying to make anything bi-monthly.  In fact, I'm not trying to change the normal terms in any way.  It just suddenly decided to skip a payment month.  I make monthly payments.  My next payment is due April 1.  My scheduled transaction says its due May 1.  I can't change it!
  • Doug DuncanDoug Duncan Member ✭✭
    edited May 11
    (redacted) This Doug Duncan has the exact same problem. Build: 27.1.18.15
  • ReginaRegina Member ✭✭
    edited May 11
    This issue has NOT been fixed. (Rant Redacted)
  • After the R19.36 update my online bills that are linked to bill reminders which allow an estimated amount are not matching what i inputted for future online actual bill amounts not known.  For instance my Fidelity Credit Card payment due is $2700 6/3 but it also pushes this to all future dates as well.  7/3 8/3 9/3 and so on.  My estimated bill amount setting is $0.  This worked fine before the update but now puts the current amount due for all future months.
  • dhendrix4dhendrix4 Member ✭✭
    5/28/19 I updated to R19.43 and past bill reminders showed up as far back as October 2018.  When I selected "ignore them and all future" they do not remove.  My bills were current until this update.  Please advise.
  • amacamac Member
    I am having the same problem after the R19.43 update.  Please advise.
  • jandkthomasjandkthomas Member ✭✭
    I was automatically updated to r19.44 this morning and I am now having the same problem. HELP!!!
    Accepted Answer
    I just updated to R19.44 this morning too!  I resolved my issue.  To monitor my process I did the following for each bill one at a time:
    Step 1.  I unlinked one Bill Reminder at a time that were affected from the Bills & Income Tab.  
    Step 2. I then selected ignore for each notification or "Ignore all past due notices for …." 
    Step 3. Relinked that bill to the Reminder.
    Step 4. Once that Bill Reminder was resolved I moved on to the next Bill Reminder. 
    Step 5.  After all the affected Bill Reminders were resolved I performed One Step Update. 
    Step 6. I had to resync a few bills with Financial Institutions but all is working now.  
    Hope this helps others.
  • Ray MolverRay Molver Member ✭✭✭
    I haven’t seen R19.43 or R19.44 as yet and I am wondering whether I should block these updates.
    What do the release notes say about what has been changed in these updates?
    Quicken User since 1995
    edited May 30
    The release notes mentioned bills that were not appearing, crash fixes and a few minor updates. Both R19.43 and R19.44 release notes have yet to be posted to Quickens Website. See link below. https://www.quicken.com/support/20182019-release-quicken-windows-release-notes-subscription-product
  • marcrocsmarcrocs Member ✭✭
    edited June 1
    Why is this program so clunky? It just updated to V R19.44 and 10 of my bill reminders got pushed back 6 months. The ignore button worked at 1st and then stopped functioning. I had to fix each reminder by 'edit this instance and all future' and set the due date to the next correct date.

AND I wish I had never linked account or bill outside Quicken. That was my lure to pay for my last update BUT these functions did not work for multiple reasons I don't have time to go into. Now I get warnings for linked bill reminders that aren't linked and asked if I wanna link accounts that I know if tried... I'd waste hours trying to link accounts online and give up.

• Ray MolverRay Molver Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    Quicken User since 1995
  • amacamac Member
    Thank you dhendrix4 for your research and fix. Your solution worked for me also!
  • bobc4383bobc4383 Member ✭✭
    edited June 4
    Just updated to R19.44 - big mistake. Now when I open Bills and Income, it shows - back to 8/16 - that I have bills due. I tried a Validation and Repair with no help. I even went back to an earlier version of Quicken (via system restore) with no help. Even a prior backup is messed up. I DON'T want to go back through and tell it to ignore 200 entries. HELP!!!
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset the Due next on: date on the reminders by right clicking on the earliest due reminder and selecting Edit this and all future instances.  
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • wi_muggswi_muggs Member ✭✭
    This morning, Quicken for Windows updated to V19.44 Build 27.1.19.44.

Now I Overdue bills going back to 2017. When I try to edit them, either ignoring them or deleting them, it is not working. The past due bills are not disappearing.
  • johnodrakejohnodrake Member ✭✭
    This morning I updated to R19.44 When Quicken started, Two payees showed multiple past payments as over due. To remove these (bogus) overdue notices, I had to unlink the payee.
    What caused this and could it happen again?
This discussion has been closed.