Download date is wrong

The Download date as reflected in all of my accounts shows April 10 even though I download regularly.  it also shows as April 10 on the Bills and Income Screen.

Example:
Reflects biller site data as of 4/10/19 11:35

Another example:
Last download April 10, 2019 - 11:34am (Express Web Connect)

My One-Step Update report also shows this same date.
Running on Windows 10, Quicken R18.16.

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Are you still experiencing this behavior?  If so, are new transactions and biller details downloading at all?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    It is still not resolved.  I spent about an hour on the phone with support yesterday.  We thought it was resolved when I downloaded the latest "mondo patch" and installed.  Then I ran a download and the dates updated.  However, they are again not updating on subsequent 1 Step Updates.

And yes, new transactions are being downloaded.  But the date shows as wrong and if an error was detected in a previous download it still shows as an error even if resolved.  Apply the mondo patch again and the condition clears for 1 cycle.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dan,

Thank you for the response and that additional information.

When the dates do not update, have you at all gone into the register for one of the accounts and selected "Update Now" from the Account Action gear wheel icon in the upper right corner?

If not, please run an update from the Update Now option - do the dates update and show correctly?

Thank you,

Sarah
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    This is one of the exercises that I did while on the phone with support.  It was not effective.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello dan. Appreciate your question.

Have you tried making a Test File and try adding your accounts to see if the dates update in a new environment.

Please give this a try and let us know if this works.

Thank you in advance,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    Please advise exactly what you want me to do here?  Create a completely new and empty file and add all my accounts?  If so, this is not a practical solution as I have a couple of dozen accounts, so if you are proposing a more streamlined test could you please provide specific steps?
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you are being asked to create a temporary test file to validate if you are able to connect from your installation outside of your existing data file. You only need to add the one problem account. This is just a troubleshooting method.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    There is not just one problem account.  None of my accounts are showing a current download date.  But I can do the test with one account.
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    Please keep this thread open, I still need to test.  Interestingly, there was an update pushed down about a week ago.  On the first run after the update, just as on the first run after the mondo patch, all the download dates were properly updated.  It is on subsequent runs that they fail to update.
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    Yesterday I created a new file. I added one financial institution where I have 3 credit cards. I ran a one step update. Today I ran another one step update and the time/date of last download updated as expected.

What next?
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a long shot, but are you moving your QDF data file across computers? If so, the last download date will not come along; it’s maintained outside the data file.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    I was running it from a LAN share, but when I first noticed the problem I moved the file to the local Appdata directory to eliminate that as an issue.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dan ,

See this post:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet#latest

That is the wrong place for the Data File. See the information in the link above.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    edited June 12
    Rather than be cryptic, if there is a "right" place for the data file to be in Windows 10 that will solve this issue, please state the "right" location in the filesystem. The link above does not provide an answer.

And, if my data is in the "wrong" place, well it worked that way for 10 years. So something has changed. And, everytime a new patch is applied and a one-step update is run, for that one run the download dates are appropriately updated.
    From the link above, not being cryptic:

If you can't open your Quicken Data File, please include the Path using File Explorer or having problems, please post the exact location of the Data File.

Ex: I:\My Documents\Quicken or  C:\Users\UserID\Documents\Quicken

Copy the address as Text to paste its location.

My location is: G:\My Documents\Quicken Win 10-Work\

My Documents Folder is located on a Separate partition. Why? In case I need to use Acronis to restore the operating system, I don't need to worry about the Documents being lost.   

• dandan Member ✭✭
    Please re-read the thread. I can open my file just fine. That is not the issue.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second @thecreator 's statement about placement of your data file.
    A network shared drive is not supported.
    Even the Appdata folder is not where the file is supposed to be. Yes, it works fine, but the recommended location for the active data file still is
    C:\Users\_your_Windows_Username_here_\Documents\Quicken
    If you use OneDrive or any other cloud backup software product make sure that this folder (or the file) is not accessed by this cloud backup software. It will interfere with Quicken operations. Send the manual or automatic backup file created by Quicken upon close to the cloud backup instead.
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    The problem persists even in the "recommended" location.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't say which bank you're downloading from ... or am I missing that?
    In the various posts I saw mention of "Express Web Connect" being used to download transactions.
    Is that correct for your bank?
    Did the bank make changes to their website recently?
    If they did, the Scripts Team may have to review a download log file on your computer to see where the problem lies. That means calling Support again and requesting escalation for an Online Banking problem.

Have you, as part of the prior session with Support, performed data file troubleshooting (Step 2 in the following link) yet? If not, please do so. Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• dandan Member ✭✭
    All banks. I have half a dozen banks and more credit cards. Each and every one of them shows an old download date. And yes, all the troubleshooting steps were performed with support.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Dan,

I apologize that you still haven't found a solution.

I would try resetting the Cloud, this can be found under Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.

If the issue persists, or you don't see an option to 'Reset the Cloud Data' try to 'Sign in as a Different User'

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    Hi @dan ,

You shown that the Date and Time does indeed update to the correct time with a New Quicken Data File.

There was nothing wrong with the Date and Time using the same installation.

Then I submit that the problem exists in the log files, themselves.

Do this: Do a Manual Backup of your current Quicken Data File. Quit Quicken.
    Delete the Quicken Data Folder in Documents.

Now, perform this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions
    Do not skip a step or overlook a step, except backing up, which you just did.

The only thing you lose is time. Your data is safe.
  • dandan Member ✭✭
    Time lost and still reports a previous date after a one step update. This did seem promising and was about what I was thinking had to be done. So one step update is getting the summary from somewhere else and I don't know where. All the relevant directories had been renamed and the backup was restored to an otherwise empty Documents\Quicken directory.

One item in the process that did not work as expected -- the clean utility seems to only support up to Quicken 2018. It did not find anything to clean after my uninstall of the app.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24
    If you haven't already, I suggest you request that Quicken Support perform a reset of your user profile: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    Hi @dan ,

You skipped steps and did not follow my instructions.

My instructions did not say anything about renaming folders.

Quicken Subscription = Quicken 2018 = Quicken 2019.

QCleanUi uninstalls Quicken 2019, if you have not used Apps and Features or Programs and Features to uninstall Quicken 2019  or simply Quicken.

I would redo it.

• dandan Member ✭✭
    Redid. Exactly. No skipped steps. One reference in the instructions to Quicken_Inc was not found but Quicken was.

Results unchanged, problem persists.

I sent a trouble report from the One Step Update results screen to Quicken. Maybe in a few years they'll figure it out.
    How much information is contained in your Quicken Data File? You stated that the Date and Time do update in a New Quicken Data File. Can you create a New Quicken Data File for all accounts and hold the old Data File as reference?
    Maybe the Quicken Data File (old current data file) is beyond repair.