Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Wells Fargo error CC-505 when try to download.

When trying to download with Wells Fargo, getting CC-505 error for about a week now.  Is this being resolved? 

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Heather1. Appreciate your question.

The error that you are getting is because of issues with the website being temporarily available... (https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-505)

Another option is to try to Deactivate and Reactivate your account and reconnect using the "Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr" account and see if this allows you to download transactions.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account
    https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Heather1
    Heather1 Member ✭✭
    So will this be fixed?   It's just temporary?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Heather1

I apologize that you have not yet received a response.  The CC-505 should be a temporary error that resolves itself once the website is again available.

Are you still receiving an error when attempting to update accounts with Wells Fargo?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the information.  For me, this 'temporary error' has been occurring when I try to update my accounts from Wells Fargo for about a year or more.  Every now and then I would take the time and deactivate and reactivate the accounts and it may work normally for one or more account that one time and then back to having to download from the Wells Fargo site account by account.  Most of the time when try to reactivate, one or more accounts are greyed out so cannot activate them.  Hopefully it will be fixed in the near future.  This problem has been around for quite some time.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @Trini

I'm sorry to hear you are also receiving a CC-505 error and thank you for reporting this on-going error to the Community.

Wells Fargo has multiple options in Quicken when adding accounts, which name are you selecting and type of accounts are you attempting to update?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I did not get an e-mail notifying of your response and am just checking Quicken community to see if there is an update on the problem and seeing it. When I deactivate and then add account from the account list I choose wells fargo from the list and then checking account. When I did this a few days ago I got a response saying I needed to put in a code sent by wells fargo. This was the first I was asked for a code. A code was sent to me and I put it in the box given but then got back an error from Quicken saying they could not continue. I do not remember the exact wording of the error. So back to signing on in wells fargo for each account I have and downloading account by account. Time consuming and a bit unwieldy but it is the only way to download from wells fargo anymore. I am using Quicken deluxe 2017 for windows.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @Trini

Thank you for that additional information.  Have you, by any chance, turned on the Wells Fargo "2-Step Verification" security feature?

If so, this can interfere with the downloads and prevent Quicken from being able to access your account information when performing the nightly aggregation attempt and could be the root cause of these errors.

Please log into your Wells Fargo account and select the Security & Support tab then "Sign On with 2-Step Verification".  What option is selected?

Please let us know, thanks again.

Sarah
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭
    I checked. Two step verification is off.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @Trini

Thank you for checking and confirming that the two-step verification is turned off.

Please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "About Quicken" - what release version is Quicken 2017 on?

If you haven't recently, please attempt to update the Wells Fargo accounts through the One Step Update in Quicken and if possible, upload a screenshot of the window requesting the code be sent and entered (personal information redacted to protect your privacy please).

If a screenshot of the request is not possible, please let me know exactly what that message says when the code is requested.

I also bank through Wells Fargo and update my account through the Express Web Connect method in Quicken and do not receive a prompt to enter a code so I'm just trying to better understand exactly what is happening and what is being requested.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭
    Attached is the best I could do to show you what I am getting without including personal info.

Version R19.1 Build 26.1.19.1 When I check for updates I am told I have the latest version

Also I am not sure why I do not get an e-mail when you respond notifying me of the response. I have checked and my account as far as I can tell is set uo to receive e-mails if there is a response to a thread I am on. I get from other companies ok and used to from Quicken but no longer. So I do not know if there is a response unless I have the time to logon to Quicken and check.

I appreciate your help but this is becoming time consuming. It seems like it is just easier to go to Wells Fargo and download. Hopefully it can all be solved soon. This (not the code which is the latest snag but having to download from the WF site) has been going on for a long time. The code is just the latest in a long line of being unable to download from WF.

Note that I can download from the WF site into Quicken just fine so the path from WF to Quicken is fine. The path from Quicken to WF does not work for me and seems to be getting worse.

Hopefully you can find the root of the problem. Thanks for your response.
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭
    Here is an image of what I get after I put in the code sent me by Wells Fargo. Also I noticed a thread that is now closed with the same concern (in 2018) re needing access code "Wells Fargo now needs "access code"--so this seems to have happened before. Was it solved then? The thread was closed.

Thanks!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @Trini

Thank you for the image of the report a crash window that opens.

The referenced post "Wells Fargo now needs "access code" was an issue with Users who did have the 2-step verification feature activated with Wells Fargo and were not receiving the Access Code at all.

Just to confirm you are receiving a code from Wells Fargo when one is requested, is that correct?

If so, I'd like to look into this issue further, please go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the Report a Problem, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following log files and click "Send to Quicken".

Log Files to Select:
    ConnLog.txt
    ConnOLD.txt (if listed)
    OFXLog.txt
    OFXOLD.txt (if listed)
    QCSLog.txt

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can locate the submission in the system.

I'd like to review the internal communications and see if we can pinpoint what is happening internally to request an access code and cause a crash.

Thanks again,

Sarah
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭
    Yes, almost immediately I get a code. Ok, log files just sent. Good luck figuring out what is going on. Thank you.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @Trini

Thanks so much for submitting the report, I've located it in the system and will perform a deep dive review of the data and let you know what I find.

Sarah
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭
    It has been awhile. Were you able to find out anything?
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭
    Good Morning Sarah,

Could you let me know if there is any progress on this or should I just continue to download from Wells Fargo by going to the WF site. An answer either way would be much appreciated so can close this. It was June 28 that I sent you the stuff. If unable to do anything to solve that's ok. Just need to know. Thank you.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Trini said:
    Good Morning Sarah,

Could you let me know if there is any progress on this or should I just continue to download from Wells Fargo by going to the WF site. An answer either way would be much appreciated so can close this. It was June 28 that I sent you the stuff. If unable to do anything to solve that's ok. Just need to know. Thank you.
    Hi @[email protected]

I apologize for the delay in response and appreciate your patience. 

I've dug through the uploaded files and every resource and option available to us and while the option may not be enabled on the Wells Fargo side, when we try to connect, their server is returning a response that the two-step verification is required.

In the logs, I can see where the code is entered, but the next call for your account and transaction data isn't happening.  The communications just end so it seems as though it's "stuck" at the verification code request and the script isn't completing.

From what I can see, this issue will need to be escalated to resolve, however if you would prefer, continuing to download and import the .QFX file from the WF Website is the quickest and easiest solution.

If you would like to pursue an escalation, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support and asking the Support Agent to review this Community post and talk with their Tier 2 support to open an escalation.

I hope this information is helpful and if you do decide to escalate, please let us know how it goes with Support.

Thank you again,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.