Can I start my budget from a custom date?

I receive my SSA check the last Wednesday of the month. I want to start my budget from that date and end it on the last Wednesday of the next month.
I see no option for that.
The default of the first day of the month to the last day of the month does not work for me.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monthly is the only option. Why doesn’t that work for you?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • gehrenfeldgehrenfeld Member
    Because my SSA check for the month comes on the last Wednesday. That is where my monthly budget would start and it would end on the day before the last Wednesday of the next month.
    My budget for May would start on April 24 and end on May 29.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You of course can configure Quicken how ever you see fit, but what you are attempting to do does not seem sustainable. Budgets are intended to track income vs expenses for a known set period, as in month to month and year over year. As the last Wednesday varies from one month to the next and from one year to the next, you basically cannot actually budget. You are simply tracking expenses against a single income stream.
    The income type monthly/SSA is really not important, a comparable time-frame is.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • gehrenfeldgehrenfeld Member
    Thanks for the lecture on budgets but I was just asking if that function was available on Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.