Why is my budget expected personal income greater than the sum of my fixed income?

I have noticed that my budget expected personal income fluctuates month to month and is almost always more than what my income actually is. Considering that I have a fixed income that does not change month to month, why does Quicken think I will have more income than I have told it I will have? I have attempted to change the value to the correct value monthly, but it never updates after changing value. To be clear, all the values under the personal income tab are correct, but the top value (which I believe should be the sum) is not. Thanks for any advice and help with this issue.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    I figured it out with support chat. It was because the budget expected income uses historical data to predict what your income will be. For others with this issue, you have to go to "edit budget" and hit the arrows by the year and it'll give you the option to start with zero values. You'll have to update all the values though. Using Mac by the way.

Answers

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly which version of Quicken are you using? Mac or Windows?
  • ArgAlaTyrArgAlaTyr Member
    Accepted Answer
    I figured it out with support chat. It was because the budget expected income uses historical data to predict what your income will be. For others with this issue, you have to go to "edit budget" and hit the arrows by the year and it'll give you the option to start with zero values. You'll have to update all the values though. Using Mac by the way.
This discussion has been closed.