Fidelity Problems - Download Error OL-293-A

Just this morning, when I tried to do my weekly account update, Fidelity Investments returned an Error OL-293-A, "unexpected information returned".  Hope it's just temporary.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Chet-NYC62Chet-NYC62 Member ✭✭
    Got the same OL-293-A] error just a few minutes ago.  (Almost the same time as the original post here went up.)
    Fidelity is usually one of the more reliable places to download information from, so this is a rarity.  
  • ajmgrmajmgrm Member
    I am having the same error. Thanks for posting. At least I can stop trying to see if something is set up incorrectly. 
  • Chet-NYC62Chet-NYC62 Member ✭✭
    Got same error here.  Thank you for posting.  Let's me know the problem is not on my side.

I spoke to Fidelity support. This is a known issue that started early this morning regarding account passwords.  Some tech team members have been called in to work this issue. Looks like we need to be patient.
    Great to hear they're working on it.  Happy they're doing this on a holiday weekend.  I was resigning myself to waiting until Tuesday for anyone to even take a look. 
  • I'm seeing what could be a related problem.   I get error Code QL 232-A.  9:00 a.m. EDT 

I *can* connect to Fidelity NetBenefits via Quicken however.  Only Fidelity Investments is having the issue via Quicken.

I also can connect to all Fidelity accounts via Windows PC, Andriod Phone, Android Tablet.
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭
    Ditto here at 10:15 AM EDT. Also, like Michael Cambria, above, NetBenefits IS working.
  • TonyJacksonTonyJackson Member ✭✭
    Ditto here. Great to hear it's a Fidelity issue and that they're working on it. Thanks for the updates everyone.
  • zippy114zippy114 Member ✭✭
    Me too 10:50 EDT.  We stay patient - thanks for posting.
  • MaikeerMaikeer Member ✭✭
    edited May 25
    Thanks for sharing the information, and glad the problem is being worked on.   As noted, problems with Fidelity downloads are quite a rarity.  Interesting that NetBenefits works fine for me and others.   
  • rampra1rampra1 Member ✭✭
    Suddenly cannot download Fidelity accounts - OL-293-A Error.  Quicken Premier 2019 R18.16, W10
  • same problem
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone posting here when it's a know Fidelity problem?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • BernieOBernieO Member
    Can not download Fidelity accounts Error  code OL-293-A
  • rampra1rampra1 Member ✭✭
    Same problem, same error.  Started today (5/25/2019).  Must be a gremlin at Fidelity.
  • Thanks for posting here. Good to know it's not on our end and that it's being worked.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 25
    Quicken community managers may want to issue an alert about this if this issue is still around on Tuesday when Quicken support returns. Suggestion.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
  • Well at least this explains the HTTP 500 errors I was receiving from them.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 25
    Are you still getting HTTP 500 errors?  I didn't experience those.  Fidelity support said the problem first manifested with password problems for online internet access this morning.  So maybe that's why you were getting HTTP 500 errors? Don't know.  However, I am able to access my Fidelity accounts via the browser now.  It's Quicken that can't access my accounts.  They are aware of the lingering Quicken issue.
    Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25
    Hello all. Appreciate your comments.

If the issue is still active on Tuesday, we will look into the issue and check for updates. If,, after checking on customer contacts and analysis of the logs in which are reported to Quicken, we will issue an alert.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone sharing your information with us.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • bizzybillbizzybill Member
    I am getting an error message OL-293A. My wife and I have separate accounts and have not changed user id's or passwords.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • As of the morning of 5/25/2019 Fidelity Investments and Fidelity NetBenefits stopped downloading transactions.  
  • Thank you Sherlock
  • Having the same problem with Fidelity Investments and NetBenefits.
  • winecrackerwinecracker Member ✭✭
    Still not fixed as of 10PM MST
  • Jeffrey KirkJeffrey Kirk Member ✭✭
    Still happening, 5/26/2019 5:25 AM CDT
  • Dan MetzgerDan Metzger Member ✭✭
    error OL-293-A occurs when updating fidelity accounts.
  • bobandsherry82bobandsherry82 Member ✭✭
    Another "still happening" comment just to Quicken support is aware there is still an issue 
  • Dan MetzgerDan Metzger Member ✭✭
    Not fixed yet 5/26/2019 7:00 EDT
This discussion has been closed.