Quicken for windows is not working on my desktop

I recently attempted to update quicken after windows 10 was updated to the 1809 build. The update for Quicken prevented me from logging back into my account. I already did a clean install of the software and attempted to reinstall. After I reinstalled the software it told me "error could not find data". I even tried to open quicken by ctrl + alt to do a validate and restore but still no luck.

Comments

• I've already contacted the chat support and still did not have any success after uninstalling and reinstalling the software. 
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you attempting to reinstall? Why did you get the installation media from?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • joejoe1991joejoe1991 Member
    edited May 25
    I was installing the newest version of quicken with the U.S Mondo patch.  The first two installation attempts came from the CD i purchased at best buy a year and a half ago. The last three installation attempts came from the Quicken website.
    Did you follow this procedure to do a clean install of Quicken? Ignore Step 2.
  • yes.. I even put the two programs in a folder named "quicken uninstaller"
    Can you post the information from Help --> About Quicken?
  • how do you post information from help

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may use the Windows Snipping Tool to capture the window and save the image.  Then, you may drag an drop the file into the text box with your response.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • joejoe1991joejoe1991 Member
    edited May 25
    Here is my step by step process:
    1. access my quicken uninstall folder to erased all versions quicken. (Disregard the "Blue screen of death"in the background that is just a wallpaper).

• step two: activate quicken uninstall program

• step three clean uninstall of all quicken apps

• step 4: Use Cd to reinstall quicken software

• step 5: attempt to install quicken

• Step 6 attempt to open quicken

• Step 7: attempt to validate and restore

• When I get to step 6 the application will always have an error.
    What is the full path to your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive or Google Backup? Try restoring the most recent backup.
  • My back up file is in one drive however the software say it cannot validate the particular file.

Quicken doesn't support storing data files in a OneDrive folder. Try moving your data file to a local folder.
  • I moved the files from onedrive to my C drive ( local folder)

• After that I went back into validate and repair
  • then as I select a location to put the restoration file which is my quicken backup file

• After that the software said it could not find the file.

• I even tried to open all of my recovery files that I have and still it gave me an error message.
    Do you have Backup enabled for Important PC Folders in OneDrive?
  • No all of my files need to be manually sent to onedrive.
    Do you have a Backup that was made somewhere other than a OneDrive folder?
  • No and I checked both my C drive and my E drive to make sure.
    Sorry, but I'm out of ideas. It's possible that storing your Quicken data files in an OneDrive folder they became corrupt. Quicken backup files are nothing more than a Quicken data file with the .QDF-Backup extension. You can rename your backup files to .QDF one at a time and try opening them. Have you tried creating a new data file?
  • At this point I'm willing to just start off brand new. Is there a way to have a clean installation of quicken so I can start all over again?
This discussion has been closed.