OL-301-A Error Msg - Merrill Lynch

Have been receiving OL-301-A Error Msg for more than 1 week when attempting to download account updates from Merrill Lynch.  ML Tech Support useless.  Any one else or just me?

Best Answer

• Robert EdgarRobert Edgar ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Sarah,

Finally figured out what was going on. I had changed my password for the = ML website, but had not changed it in Quicken.  One would think I would = have checked this immediately when the problem arose.  I probably would = have, if the OL-301-A message had hinted that there might be a problem = with the password.  Perhaps this could be added to the OL-301-A = definition for users in the future.

Thanks for your help.  My self-confidence has taken a small blow, but my = confidence in Quicken is still solid.

Robert Edgar

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This article covers the error you are getting that may help.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Robert EdgarRobert Edgar Member ✭✭
    Thanks Geoff.  Tried this earlier and again upon your suggestion.  I still cannot download. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I've already made a couple calls. ML is not very responsive. Have not yet figured how to escalate, but I'm working on it. Surprised I don't see any other postings on thus problem.

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Robert Edgar

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize that you have so far been unable to resolve this error with Merrill Lynch support.

A OL-301 error can be caused by a variety of reasons, although typically it is an error in the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution.

If you haven't already, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Log Files".  In the window that opens, select the first file listed, the OFX Log and scroll to the very bottom of the file.

You should see an entry similar to the one below with an error message - what does that error say?

If you do not see an entry similar to the one highlighted, I would be happy to perform a review of your log files to locate the internal error.  Please just go back to the Help menu and select "Report a Problem".

In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark the boxes for the following log files and then click Send to Quicken.

Log Files to select:
    ConnLog.txt
    ConnOLD.txt (if listed)
    OFXLog.txt
    OFXOLD.txt (if listed)

If sending the report a problem submission please just reply here once it has been sent so I can locate the report in the system.  Otherwise please let us know what error you were able to find in the OFX log.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Sarah - I did send the report several days ago as you instructed above. Forgot to notify you at the time.  If you cannot locate the report, let me know and I will send another.
    Hi @Robert Edgar

Thank you for submitting the Report a Problem and requested Log Files.  I was able to locate the submission in the system and have performed a review of the internal communications.

Here are the two internal errors I located in your log files.

If you haven't yet, please try to update the account(s) in Quicken and when the error message is received, log into your Merrill Lynch account.

If the login to the Merrill Lynch account is successful, sign-out of Merrill Lynch, go back to Quicken and attempt to update the account once more.

If the OL-301 error is still received, have you attempted to add the account in a test file at all? 

If not, please go to the File menu > New Quicken File and add only the Merrill Lynch account - does it connect successfully or do you again receive the same error?

Please let us know, thank you!

Sarah 
    Accepted Answer

Sarah,

Finally figured out what was going on. I had changed my password for the = ML website, but had not changed it in Quicken.  One would think I would = have checked this immediately when the problem arose.  I probably would = have, if the OL-301-A message had hinted that there might be a problem = with the password.  Perhaps this could be added to the OL-301-A = definition for users in the future.

Thanks for your help.  My self-confidence has taken a small blow, but my = confidence in Quicken is still solid.

Robert Edgar

Hi Robert

I'm glad to hear we were able to pin down the root issue of this OL-301 error and I appreciate your posting back with the updated information.

If there is anything else the Community can assist with, please let us know :)

Thanks again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.