Account balance wrong

I keep finding my account balance to be incorrect in the details for the account.  At the bottom of my register the total will be off by a large amount (more than $1000).

When I look at the account balance in the summary window at the left it is correct.  The only way to resolve is to close the program when I recognize it, and reopen it.  Then it will be correct.  But as you can imagine, this makes for lots of frustration when trying to forecast balances after upcoming expenses.  I have to make sure the current balance in the account detail matches the summary.

How can this be resolved?

Answers

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I think there are 3 balances you can show at the bottom.  Ending Balance, Current Balance And Online Balance.  Maybe different ones in the account bar too.  Do you have any transactions dated in the future?
  • I do have transactions dated in the future. 

There is a bar indicating today's date, that is the one that is wrong.  The future transactions are beneath it.

The balance is always too high, and always about the same amount (I haven't written it down to check if it's always exactly the same amount high).

Never had this problem with 2011 version.  Seems like a bug.

Thanks!
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you are looking at a Banking (not investment) account.

-- Make sure your register is sorted by date (there should be an upward pointing arrow next to the Date column header.) 

-- At the top of the register, make sure All transactions is selected.

-- Click the gear at the top of the Accounts bar (what you call the summary window at the left) and make sure Current balance is selected.

When you say the current balance in your register is "too high" what are you comparing that to? 
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF you're comparing the value for "Today" in your Q account register to your Bank statement, has EVERY transaction that you've input into Q cleared the bank?
    For example, checks that you've written, but have not yet cleared will reduce your account balance in Q ... but because they haven't cleared the bank they won't be reflected there.
    Also, when was the last time that you used Q's "Reconcile" function on this account?
    Lastly, what Q product are you running?  What country?  What Build of Q? (You can do HELP, About Quicken for this last piece of info).
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.