Error when attempting to sign in to Q2016 on Windows 10

I get the following message: "An unknown error occurred. Please try to connect later."

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what are you trying to sign into?  Because, obviously, you've successfully signed-in to this forum.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • Quicken 2016
    WHY do you need to sign-in to QW2016?  Do you have a File Password set?
    And, can you provide a screenshot showing the EXACT prompt that you're getting?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you by any chance reinstall Quicken? If so, you need to install the Mondo patch to switch to a Quicken ID.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    need some more details .....as to your setup, what you are doing, and the responses.
    - do you click on the Quicken desktop icon - what happens ?
    - do you get a prompt for a "password" - this would be a Quicken file password
    - do you get a prompt for a "User ID and password" - this would be from Quicken
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • ps56k said:
    need some more details .....as to your setup, what you are doing, and the responses.
    - do you click on the Quicken desktop icon - what happens ?
    - do you get a prompt for a "password" - this would be a Quicken file password
    - do you get a prompt for a "User ID and password" - this would be from Quicken
    It's the sign in to Quicken, requesting my id and password. 
  • Did you by any chance reinstall Quicken? If so, you need to install the Mondo patch to switch to a Quicken ID.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch
    This is the message I get when I try to install it: The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. 
    edited May 27
    MSVCR120.dll is a WINDOWS file, not a Quicken file.  Google it to see how to fix the situation (by downloading it from Windows.)
  • NotACPA said:
    WHY do you need to sign-in to QW2016?  Do you have a File Password set?
    And, can you provide a screenshot showing the EXACT prompt that you're getting?
    I can't open anything except the login window. No I don't have a file password set. If I go to File > Open Quicken file, I can open a file, or so it appears, but I only see the menus for a fraction of a second and then they disappear again. 
    THERE'S your problem.  It's asking for an INTUIT ID, rather than a Quicken ID.
    Intuit sold Quicken several years ago, and the INTUIT ID became invalid at that time.
    You need to download, and then install, the "Release 19.3 MONDO" patch, for QW2016, from here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

• This is what happens when I run the patch; see attached.
  • Thanks for all your help! After I logged in as Admin, I was able to update Quicken, and sign in but I still cannot see the menus. As before, when I open a file, the menus disappear within less than a second. 
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your help! After I logged in as Admin, I was able to update Quicken, and sign in but I still cannot see the menus. As before, when I open a file, the menus disappear within less than a second. 
    Hi @beki thomson

I'm sorry to hear that the menus are continuing to disappear as soon as they are selected.

Please click this link to download and install a file that should fix the menus and stop them from disappearing when selected but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah