Reinstalling Quicken 2016 Deluxe for Windows after a computer crash (without upgrading)

I purchased Quicken 2016 Deluxe from Intuit in March 2016. I chose to receive a CD.  Guess what happened - yeah, my computer crashed, and I cannot find the CD.  When the computer is restored I will need to reinstall my software.  I do not want to upgrade to a Quicken subscription plan at this time - I have no need of the extra services.  I just want to reinstall Quicken 2016 Deluxe and use it locally.  How can I get a link or download to an installable Quicken 2016 Deluxe for Windows that I can use to reinstall my software?  Thanks very much.

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "How can I get a link or download to an installable Quicken 2016 Deluxe for Windows that I can use to reinstall my software?"
    You can't get such from Q.  They no longer sell or support Q2016.
    See if you can find a copy of Q2016 or Q2017 on eBay.  The subscription product starts with Q2018.
    AND, I hope that you had your Q data file backed up to some removable device ... because if your ONLY backup was also on your computer, then you'd need to start over from scratch.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • garyzimgaryzim Member
    Thanks, NotACPA.  I do make frequent backups of the data, and was storing it in a folder synched to Dropbox, and for the belt-and-suspenders insurance, I also have (had) Carbonite running on the computer.  So I should have two places to grab that data file from the cloud, once I get Quicken reinstalled. 

The guys at Best Buy, where I took it in after I exhausted my skills to get the computer working (after a hung Windows update), said they have called Quicken in the past and been able to get a link to download older versions.  But in this brave new world of buyouts and forced subscription plans, I don't know if that's possible now. 

Maybe I'll just give in and buy a subscription plan for a year and then cancel if I have to.  Quicken's terms seem to say that even if you cancel, you can still access and continue to use and maintain your data - you just have no support and no cloud or online services, which I don't use anyway. 

Again, thanks very much!
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy and cancel (or allow to expire). IF/When you do, Q will take up about 1/4 to 1/3 of your screen with a Nag to renew. And the only way to resolve that is to re-subscribe.
    That's why I suggested 2016 or 2017.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • garyzimgaryzim Member
    edited May 28

Wow, thanks!  That is really REALLY good to know. Sigh.  Good information!

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look around the forum for DOWNLOAD QUICKEN 2017 -  sorry don't have the link -
    There is a link to a download of Q2017, which you could install -
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • garyzimgaryzim Member
    Thanks, ps56k!
This discussion has been closed.