How to recover an account.

My main personal account is not visible in the  account bar and in "manage account" window. 

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you possibly "hide" it.  Look on the Account List (Tools menu).
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antonio ,

Not everyone is running the same version of Quicken, so you need to let us know the version you are on for answers that work:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7803899/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet#latest
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • AntonioAntonio Member ✭✭
    Account is not in Account list. This is the personal checkng accoung wich downloads transactions from the bank. The name is "home xxxx" (last 4 account number)
    The problem is also w other personal accounts ej savings but realy not using.

My Quicken for Windows version is: R18.16
    Built 27.1.1816
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antonio said:

The problem is also w other personal accounts ej savings but realy not using.
    Huh, please repeat, you seem to be missing some letters.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Antonio ,

How many Quicken Data Files are you using? Do you do Manual Backups with Add Date Function?

Have you tried restoring a Manual Backup?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    --> Tools --> Account List --> Show Hidden Accounts
    If not there... then is it not part of this Quicken File, and there is no recovery for an individual account.  You can try to "recover" it from using and opening a backup file, and Export that single account - and try Importing it to your main/normal Quicken file

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    Can I create a new account w the same name as the bank account so I can download home checking account transactions?
    Tried to add personal banking accounts. It found several accounts for example checking, saving, IRS.
    Tried adding all accounts. After several minutes attempting to add add the accounts it stopped w an error.
    Tried again to add accounts but in the third column of each account, it says "ignore".
    Should I click next??
    Please help.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Antonio,

If you haven't already, please take a moment and review the information and steps available at https://www.quicken.com/support/setting-account-shows-ignore-and-cannot-add-account.

If this issue persists and the accounts still show a "Ignore", please contact Quicken Support for assistance with some advanced troubleshooting.

Thank you,

Sarah