Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Investments (Mac)

Import prices for multiple securities through csv

qazwsxqazwsx Member
edited November 2019 in Investments (Mac)
In Quicken for Mac, I really need to be able to update prices (for international securities that won't update automatically) through a simpler process, ideally import through CSV like on the windows version, but also being able to enter on the portfolio screen would be a big improvement. Note I do NOT mean import price history for a single security in a CSV.
Update MULTIPLE securities through ONE csv.
Please let me know if this will be implemented within the next few weeks as if it is not I would like to get a refund instead.
Thanks.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @qazwsx There is an existing "idea thread" for the request to be able to enter security prices quickly and easily in the portfolio screen: go here and then click on the little arrow under the vote count in the blue box to add your vote. This idea currently has 102 votes (95 "legacy", which refers to the previous platform this site was on, plus 7 since moving to this platform). Getting to over 100 votes is usually an important benchmark, but that doesn't guarantee it will get acted on. You'll note that the status in the blue box shows "no status", which means the developers haven't said this is definitely going to get done or definitely not going to get done.

I'm not sure I recall the idea of importing a CSV file with prices for multiple securities being a request before. I'm not saying it's not a good suggestion, only that I don't remember others asking for this previously.

There are probably more than 500 pending idea requests, so expecting quick action on any one particular feature request is unlikely. In terms of whether it will happen within a couple of weeks, the answer is definitely no… unless it's already been created and scheduled for the next update. That seems unlikely since the status on that older idea thread isn't marked as "planned." You might want to wait until version 5.12 is released -- probably sometime in the next couple weeks -- just to make sure, but it seems highly unlikely this will be implemented in your refund timeframe.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first request for QMac I have seen for using CSV to import multiple securities together.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)