"Last Update" unchanged after American Express Account Update

After running All Account Update, the American Express Account, "Last Update" date remains unchanged (3/24/2018 - 3:07PM), while all other accounts, banking, credit card, etc., reflect the current date. If "Update" is executed from Account Status Window, the "Last Update" reflects the latest current date, but if an "All Accounts Update" is run, the American Express Account "Last Update" reverts to (3/24/2018 - 3:07PM). The account connection is set to Direct Connect!

Is this a problem (been going on longer than I can remember) with American Express's connection, a software bug, or ...?

Version: Mac Quicken Deluxe 2019, Version 5.11.0 (Build 511.25626.100)
Mac OS X 10.14.5

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello John. Appreciate your question.

Are you getting new transactions when you do the All Accounts update?

Have you tried Deactivating and Reactivating your AMEX accounts?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • John RandolphJohn Randolph Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Harold,
    Question: Are you getting new transactions when you do the All Accounts update?

Yes, but "Last Update" date in Status Window remains/reverts to 3/24/2018 3:07PM regardless of whether or not there are transactions downloaded. "Last Update" date only changes (momentarily) to current date if in the Status Window I select "Update", regardless if there are transactions downloaded or not. Just as an FYI, if after doing this, if I re-run (select the "clockwise pointing circle icon", or "Update All Online Accounts", the "Last Update" date reverts to 3/24/2018 3:07PM.

Have you tried Deactivating and Reactivating your AMEX accounts?

I have attempted to change the Account Setting to "Quicken Connect", without success, and then was required to re-establish the "Direct Connect" connection. I have also changed the account to Manual, then re-established the "Direct Connect" transaction downloads connection, with no change in results.

One added observation: I had done an "Update" from the Status Window, resulting in the expected current "Last Update" changing to the current date. Subsequent to that, when i initiated an "All Online Accounts Update", I immediately opened the "Status Window" and observed that the American Express account "Last Update" was the current date (prior to the Account being updated), but as soon as the American Express account was updated (it appears to be the last one run), the date immediately reverted to the 3/24/2018 3:07PM date.

Hope that helps determine why this is happening. This is something that I can live with, it's something I've been living with for several versions of the software, at least a year or maybe two, or more.

John
    Harold,
    Just happened to check a previous post and noted that I was experiencing this issue prior to August '18.

In addition, to put this in perspective, I have numerous "bank accounts", and several other Credit Card accounts (VISA), along with Investment Accounts, and the American Express is the only one where this issue presents itself.

John
    Quicken Harold,
    Wow! Thanks! When All Account Update was run today, I got a "Last Update" status of "Yesterday - 9:23PM".
    Awesome!

John
    Quicken Harold,
    Unfortunately, I was premature in thinking the problem was fixed. I have no idea why it appeared to work properly yesterday, but as of today (6/6/19) it appears to have reverted to it's prior behavior.

Today, during an "All Accounts" update, there was 1 new transaction downloaded.

Prior to this Update, I opened the Status Window and observed that the American Express (Amex) account "Last Update" reflected "6/4/2019 - 9:23PM" (as indicated in my prior post). During the "All Accounts" Update, the Amex account initially changed to today's date:time (Today - 9:23AM), I believe the time (9:23) just happened to be a coincidence, but after the Update completed, the "Last Update" reverted to the prior "Last Update" time (6/4/2019 - 9:23PM) even though the "Status Details" reflect "1 new transaction downloaded".

Here's screen shots (hope they come through):

Hope that helps.
    John
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John Randolph

Thank you for those additional details and screenshots, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

It sounds as though Quicken isn't actually making a connection with American Express when the All Accounts update runs.

If you haven't yet, please open the Account Status window (Window > Account Status) and mark the box to "Show Errors Only", then close and re-open Quicken and run another All Accounts update.

What does the Account Status window show?  Any information about American Express?

If not, we will need to review the internal communications between Quicken and American Express to locate the root cause of this behavior.  Please contact Quicken Support for assistance with reviewing the log files and internal communications.

Thank you and please let us know how it goes.

Sarah