Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Investments (Windows)

Fix display of closed lots in Investing account overview and Portfolio views (3 Merged Votes)

Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Investments (Windows)
As reported here
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7773679/for-investments-account-overview-or-investing-portfolio-view-with-show-closed-lots-all-sold-rows-a#latest

and here
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7564752/account-overview-sold-lots-shows-the-same-date-and-values-for-all-sold-lots#latest

the display of closed lots is incorrect. Any time there is a holding with more than one closed lot, the line for the first closed lot is repeated rather than updated to show the data for the other lots.

Apparently this was working at one time but has been broken for about two years with no response or acknowledgement from Quicken.
-- Jim QWin Premier subscription
9 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• yasminmadeleneyasminmadelene Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It's been now almost 2 years since this issue was first reported on another thread, but I have yet to see a single comment by anyone associated with the company acknowledging the problem. I'm a paying subscriber - currently on Quicken 2019, Version R18.16, Build 27.1.18.16 - and I'm extremely disappointed that this major software bug has yet to be fixed by Quicken.
    New Quicken update today: Version R19.44, Build 27.1.19.44, But once again the problem with the closed lots hasn't been addressed, fixed or even acknowledged.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Jim_Harman

Thank you for re-posting this issue, I am also able to reproduce this behavior in the current R19.44 release for Quicken for Windows 2019.

I have opened a ticket with Development to investigate this issue further, but unfortunately do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available or released, I apologize.

This Idea post has been updated to "Under Consideration" and once more information is available, I'll be back to update the status.

Thank you again,

Sarah
    Quicken Sarah,
    Thank you so much for addressing this pressing issue. I find it essential to have reliable information displayed on my Quicken portfolio, which hasn't been the case since this problem with closed lots was first reported. Looking forward to a quick solution.
    Thank you again!
  • susanh02susanh02 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    When entering Lots Sold of a stock, the dialog box uses white text on a pale grey background when a line is highlighted. You're supposed to read that and type the number of shares into an editable text box on the same line, but the contrast is so low that it's hard to read. Furthermore, if the user wants to sell all shares of a given lot, there should be a checkbox to populate the text box to minimize risk of mistyping the number.
    Quicken Premier 2019, Version R19.44, Build 27.1.19.44
  • BertilakBertilak Member ✭✭
    I found this thread when searching for an answer to my situation -- one of my accounts insists on showing one security that is long gone when looking at holdings. There is an option "show closed lots" which is active. If I turn that off, all is well -- APPARENTLY, because the next time I run Quicken that option is turned back on. This seems to only affect this one account.
    edited September 2019
    As per the notes of Release R22.12 (US Versions, Sept 2019):

Fixed: An issue in which Portfolio displayed closed lots with inaccurate information.

But this issue has been only partially fixed. The GAIN/LOSS column is indeed showing the correct gain or loss in dollars. But the GAIN/LOSS (%) column is incorrect in that it shows a gain or loss based on the "current" price of the stock, not on the price at the time of the sale.

For instance, I sold multiple lots of a stock and the gains for each lot are correctly displayed in the GAIN/LOSS column. But the GAIN/LOSS (%) column shows instead multiple losses, based on the current lower price of the stock. The same pattern appears in every sold stock of my portfolio.

BTW, the overall ROI (%) for the security is correct.

Your attention to this problem would be greatly appreciated.
  • Thanks @yasminmadelene for the additional context. We'll look into this.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken SangeethaS,

Thanks for continuing to look at this. In addition I have noticed the following ongoing issues with the display of the closed lots:

-- The order of the closed lots in the list appears to be random.  I would think it should be chronological either in the original purchase date or the sale date.

-- The market value of the sold lots is not displayed. I suppose you can look it up in the transaction, but it is shown for the currently held lots, there is a column for it, and it should be easy to compute and show.
    edited November 2019
    The primary issue of this thread has been resolved in Version R23.14, Build 27.1.23.14.

But it is still almost impossible to read the closed lots data because the fonts are too light against the grey background.

I believe that increasing the contrast between the fonts and the background of the closed lots would be of benefit to all Quicken users. Thank you for your help.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The primary issue of this thread has been resolved in Version R23.14, Build 27.1.23.14.

But it is still almost impossible to read the closed lots data because the fonts are too light against the grey background.

I believe that increasing the contrast between the fonts and the background of the closed lots would be of benefit to all Quicken users. Thank you for your help.
    I second that motion.
    That should be changed to display black text on a lighter grey background.
  • DavidDavid Member ✭✭
    Makes sense to me too. But I'm happy this got fixed! Having the data available is much better than not available at all. Thank you Quicken!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention ...
    Until the programmers get around to fixing it, either print this view paper (press CTRL-P) where it prints in simple black and white
    or export it to Excel.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree about the low contrast. The black on gray color scheme that is used for selected transactions in registers and investing transaction lists would be much easier to read.