Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Budgets and Planning Tools (Mac)

How do I print the "Edit Budget" view in Q for Mac 2019, other than screen print?

HQHQ Member ✭✭
When working on a budget with my spouse it would be very helpful to print the "Edit Budget" view that shows yearly totals by category.
Tagged:
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello HQ,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community and make a suggestion.

I have turned this thread into an Idea thread so others can vote, as this is currently unavailable.

In the meantime, one option would be to capture screenshots of the edit budget screen.

Steps for capturing a screenshot can be found at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361.

Depending on how many categories are listed in the edit budget screen, more than one screenshot may be necessary to capture all of the categories.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • HQHQ Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Tyka. Where do I go in the Quicken for Mac Community to see this as a suggested capability in Q for Mac? Thanks in advance.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HQ It has been moved to the "Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac" category as an Idea, which enables people to vote on it above.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • HQHQ Member ✭✭
    Jacobs... One of the reasons I like the Budget Edit view is the category rows and columns are totaled like a spreadsheet. I don't see that in the 12 month or 1 month Budget views. Am I missing something?
    @HQ, Sorry, I don't work with budgets enough in Quicken Mac to be helpful to you in this area. I was just answering your question about where you could find this thread in the Quicken Community.
  • djhc12adjhc12a Member ✭✭
    I like Budgets spreadsheet look. I find it disappointing that I cannot print it out.
    Screen shots are limited. Mine took 5 screen shots.

Is there a proposal to export the budget data in csv format? I can use Excel to print it out.
    Just to be clear: you can print the budget, in either summary (annual) or detail (month-by-month) form. You just can't print from the Edit Budget screen.

I'm not clear about the comments about liking the "spreadsheet look." When you print the budget, it certainly looks like a spreadsheet. And you can export it as a spreadsheet.

The Edit Budget view is more compact because it contains only your budgeted amounts for each month, whether the Budget report contains your Budgeted Amount, Actual Amount, and Difference -- three columns -- for each month. If you don't want to see Actual or Difference, I'd just export it to a spreadsheet and quickly delete the columns you don't want -- it would take a minute.
  • shiphranitashiphranita Member
    I also would like to be able to print the edit screen, because it is laid out so simply and is easy for me to view without all the color and charts and space. I tried to print it out from summary view by the month, and it is 7 pages long.
  • HQHQ Member ✭✭
    I'd be interested to understand from Quicken why it is so difficult to enable printing of the Budget Edit View.