Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Want to add additional columns or copy a Quicken screen directly to a spreadsheet

Will JacobsWill Jacobs Member ✭✭
[edit and snipped]
copied and posted wrong text - from a completely different forum -
Tagged:

Comments

• Will JacobsWill Jacobs Member ✭✭
    Sorry, I copied & pasted the wrong query here. I meant to paste that I paid for this one year subscription to Quicken Investor but it is still does not permit either copying into an Excel spreadsheet or the option it add user generated information columns. In fact, it seems more interested in doing my banking than in handling my portfolios.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is "Quicken Investor"?

You have to enable less secure apps access your account in Gmail for Outlook to work.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
    Saw that suggestion and did that. Still the issue persists. The Google sending me notices that I had weakened the security they were providing. Then I saw that it might be the result of a 3rd party planting a line in my registry, but am extremely hesitant to mess with the Registry absent confirmation. By-the-way I do appreciate the time you've taken to respond to my mis-sent request for help. Thanks.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is "Quicken Investor"?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to update the topic title -
    but still not sure what your question or problem is... as it relates to QUICKEN -
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    I bought "Manage Your Investments" rather than Basic, Deluxe, or Property Management, because that is what I wanted to do. I definitely appreciate that it also tracks my bank accounts and credit cards; however, it would be even better if we could add user specific data before printing. Specifically, if we could add then edit additional columns or copy a Quicken screen directly to a spreadsheet and make additions/changes there. Today I print out the Fundamentals screen each week then manually add columns for additions & corrections. Right now, I manually add columns for Beta, brokerage eval, and technicals and also occasionally change Quicken supplied data, such as Home Depot being in the apparel industry before sharing.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    OK - I've updated the topic title and edited your orig posting -
    Now we can get on with your current Quicken Q&A -
    BTW - I have Quicken Deluxe - and it does all the investment stuff I need.  There may be some more reports and other bells/whistles in Premiere - but I mainly use Quicken for downloading all my stock and mutual fund transactions, bill pay via Chase.... I don't really use the reports that much outside of the standard ones for Banking and Investments

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    In my case I like to track Equity EPS, Equity vs. Industry P/E, Equity PEG, P/B, P/S D/E vs. Industry D/E, Beta, Dividend Date, and Yield for Equities Held and also for those on my my Watch List which is why I bought 'Manage Your Investments'. I use to buy Deluxe, then realized that even though I, for the most part, buy to hold that there were times I needed to take some off the table and others where I would be willing to ante up a bit more. Manage Your Investments sounded worthwhile though I think it could be improved further.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Will Jacobs To your question about getting information into a spreadsheet -- 
    Any Quicken report can be copied to the Windows clipboard and pasted into an Excel spreadsheet.  (I usually find that to be the easiest path.)

You can also "print" items (reports, portfolio views, registers etc.) via Ctrl-P or the File menu to a file (Export to:---) and open that file in Excel.  Some users prefer the 'PRN" option specifying the extension as .CSV.  I think I have had luck with both the tab-delimited and PRN options.  That may depend on exactly what you are printing.    

So your challenge is to get as much info as you can in a report or portfolio view and then use those tools to port it into Excel.  
    Thanks! I am able to use the "PRN" method. In the pop-up window after selecting Export I enter an "E" and the select the Excel.CSV option. Works like a charm. Could not get the .QIF export to cooperate, but one method is quite enough -- THANKS AGAIN!
This discussion has been closed.