Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I add an investment account?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Retirement accounts transferred [EDIT] - now a Quicken Canada discussion.

Comments

• jlmcconchie
    jlmcconchie Member
    Thanks, but my program says my "Edition" is "Canada".  Would have been nice to have a simple solution!  But not my fate this time, I am afraid.  Thanks for your great fast response.  Might there be other solutions?  Hope so.  John McConchie
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I think Canada only has 2 versions, Deluxe and Home & Business. You might need Home & Business to get investments.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the Quicken Canadian website, Quicken Deluxe Canadian can "Track loan, investments, and retirement accounts all in one place".
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jlmcconchie
    jlmcconchie Member
    Thanks.  Yes, I have the Home and Business version for Canada.  The problem is not that the program does not track retirement and other brokerage accounts but that it does not do so for most Canadian brokerages and banks.  Support is not open today due to the American holiday, so I will wait.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    My earlier reply was based upon this sentence in your earlier reply " I will have to wait for a true Canadian version of Quicken to be published."
    But now you say that you are running Q Canada.
    SO, which version of Q Canada are you running?  Please do HELP, About Quicken, and take a snapshot of the dialog that appears and then post the snapshot here using the Landscape icon, above.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jlmcconchie
    jlmcconchie Member
    edited June 2019
    Sorry for the delay.  I had to go out of town and just returned.  I am attaching a pdf (Edited) file with the information you were seeking.  I hope it helps you to advise me on what to do.   John
  • jlmcconchie
    jlmcconchie Member
    I guess this thread has kind of ended with a whimper, not a bang. My whimper. I will try a bit more to solve this problem through some other means.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello jlmcconchie,

Sorry, you were unable to find a solution thus far.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? It sounds like the file that contains the bank list is incomplete or missing information possible.

To uninstall please see: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-uninstall-quicken-windows

To reinstall please see: https://www.quicken.com/support/installing-and-updating-quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MarcR
    MarcR Member ✭✭✭
    Heck, I can't quite figure out what the original question is.  I would like to try and help as I have several investment accounts with Canadian banks and am using the same version of Home & Business.
This discussion has been closed.