Why do deposits don't add up properly on reconcile

Actually there are two issues since I upgraded to 2017 R19.1, Build 26.1.19.1.
Some months that have 31 days show up in reconcile as 30.
The last statement I did today did not total the actual deposits. It was $18 shy. of the real total. Should be $1645.64

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The four deposits shown add to 1627.64 as shown at the bottom, how is that wrong?
    Both columns (checked items only) add correctly.
    Without further information, it is not possible to pinpoint your issue, but it is not Q doing bad math.
    Are you sure the beginning balance is correct?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Kent WIlsonKent WIlson Member ✭✭
    I tried to get back to the post and edit it, but ran out of time. Yes the Q program is correct. I double checked the bank statement and it's wrong. Got it all squared away. But what about the other issue of 30 days showing on a 31 day month. I've been trying to post to get an answer on that for awhile but with three major operations since July of last year, I've not been able to sit at the computer very much. When I did the reconcile today, it showed May ending on the 30th. This happens frequently
    How/Where is Quicken showing this 30 vs 31 days?

When I go to reconcile and you input the closing balance and such, the date at the top of that popup most time won't show the 31st day. It shows the 30th like it did today when I did a reconcile for the month of May. I did look in the settings but found nothing that I may have set wrong. My old version 2012 did not have this issue.
    I opened my Discover Card register, did CTRL-R, reconcile window pops up and the fields are empty.
    If I click on the calendar (today is 6/4/2019), I get June with the date filled in as today:

If I left arrow on the calendar, it shows May and changes the date to 5/4/2019 as shown:

How about a screenshot of what you are seeing since I obviously can't produce a May calendar without the 31st.

Cannot do until the next reconcile month which has 31 days. This would be July as June has 30 days. Unless there is a way to display a prior reconciled month with undoing that reconciliation. But that won't work either because I had to change the date to the 31st. I'm willing to wait since this is really kind of a sore spot. I did click reconcile and it showed June 30th which would be right, then I cancelled as I just did May. I will save this link and report back at that time.
    Now that I think about it, I believe what you are seeing is Quicken suggesting the next date based on being a month (not some # of days) later than the previous date.
    Since March had 31, it can't offer April 31 (doesn't exist), so it offers 4/30, then in May, it suggests the 30th (a month later) since it is working off of the previous month's date.
    If your reconcile date was a date that every month has, you would probably not be seeing this anomaly.  The Feb -> Mar probably suggested the 28th.

To be honest, I really don't remember. The only thing I do remember is having to change the 30th to the 31st on all months that have 31 days. Sorry, I have so much going on my mind is in a haze. I will remember when July comes up and see what it does. My last reconcile was two days ago for May and I had to change the 30 to 31. I'm sure there is an answer somehow. It will just take time. When I do the June's reconcile I'' bet it show the 30th. LOL

I will re-post at that time if it's alright with you.
    There wasn't a selection on the drop down menu that even remotely comes close to this subject.

I went to post or continue to find out why on the months with 31 days the reconcile popup shows the 30th every-time. That post was closed. I have to change it to the 31st on the months that have 31 days all the time.
    This is the link with the last response where I said I would update when the I received my July statement.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20007680#Comment_20007680
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure but it looks like a mod re-opened it.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    Based on your comment in the other post (about why closed), it would be interesting to see what happened if you skipped reconciling in Sept to see if my theory that it is just changing the month and presenting the last valid date.

What you could do is at the end of October, restore (renaming as doing so) from an early Sept backup and do the reconcile to see if it would suggest 10/31 rather than 10/30.

Splasher, I really appreciate your input but I think I've gone through enough. I cannot go a month without Reconciliation. I do a ton of transactions in a month and the time would not allow me to sit at the computer that long. I don't trust credit unions or banks. If the moderators of this forum cannot get Quicken involved then it leaves a lot to be desired to upgrade which I've done in the past. I would've been better off staying with the last version. At least that worked.
    … If the moderators of this forum cannot get Quicken involved then it leaves a lot to be desired to upgrade which I've done in the past. …
    This is a user-to-user forum, not a Quicken Support portal, if you want Quicken Support, click on this:  Quicken Support