Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Quicken Online Services is Unavailable?

Is there a current outage? When updating transactions I'm not getting the Quicken Vault sign-in prompt but am getting the Quicken sign in. I've tried signing in and while it returns with a page that simply says "Success" nothing works but I get "Quicken Online Services is Unavailable" ... "Please try again later."

Best Answers

Answers

• bcopemantubcopemantu Member
    edited June 2019
    QcomAuthToken not found under [Quicken] in Quicken.ini after new version downloaded and install this morning. Help

• Paul SheehanPaul Sheehan Member ✭✭
    Karen, I'm having the same problem. A box popped up saying the "Quicken Online Service is unavailable at this time" I tried Chrome and Edge browsers and kept getting the Sign in with Quicken ID box. When I did it said "Success"
    Although I wasn't successful at all.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Can either/both of you please use the Win Snipping Tool, in your Win Accessories folder, to take a snapshot of that dialog box/page.
    And then post it here using the "Insert an Image" icon above, the one that looks like a landscape in a landscape rectangle.
    Also, again to both of you, what Q product are you running?  What country?  What BUILD of Q?  (do HELP, About Quicken for this last piece of info).
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • KarenKaren Member ✭✭
    For me: Premier, USA (San Jose, CA), 27.1.18.16
    However, Internet has been up & down today, which is unusual for us. I'm writing this from my cell line. Earlier, while up, I was trying to run One Step Update and ran into the above problem multiple times. Internet has been down for past 30+ mins but I rebooted WiFi a bit ago and it came up. Ran Update so I could get the window you need snipped & got the Quicken Vault password window, then the Internet went down again. Ugh! Will try again tomorrow.

Sorry :(
  • mommahattiemommahattie Member
    I'm having the same issue - running Premier subscription in the USA
  • Mike ZeoliMike Zeoli Member
    Whenever I open Quicken I receive a pop up box asking for my Quicken ID and password. I enter the information and the box changes to a large white box with "Success" at the top and nothing else. When I close the box using the "X" in the top corner it shows up again asking for my Quicken ID and password. How do I get this box to close so I can use the product?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you using?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Mike ZeoliMike Zeoli Member
    I have updated to the latest version today 19.4 I believe
  • bsbealerbsbealer Member
    I started getting this too. Version R19.44
    I would try downloading/installing the latest Mondo patch

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

If that doesn't work, I would reinstalling Quicken using QcleanUI and ignoring Step 2.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
  • boddickerboddicker Member ✭✭
    same issue as mentioned above. two days now.
  • boddickerboddicker Member ✭✭
    same issue with Quicken Premier R19.44. Same as above, asked to login to Quicken.com, then says success, but does not run one step update following "success"
  • I am having the same issue with Quicken R18.16
  • Larry DanserLarry Danser Member
    :) after the june 4th update my desktop quicken doesn't open, just as far as the ID but nothing after that.
  • wv.campbell7899wv.campbell7899 Member ✭✭
    Ditto
  • mgriffithmgriffith Member
    Running Version R19.44, Build 27.1.19.44 (update installed when I launched the application this morning).

Dialog box opens requesting Quicken ID and Password. I enter the correct (confirmed) values and continue.

I am presented with a dialog box containing only the word "Success". No other text, no action buttons, nothing. Application hangs at this point. My only option is to close the dialog box. Doing so relaunches the sign-in box. If I repeat the action to close the dialog box several times I will eventually be returned to the main Quicken application.

This is preventing my updating anything on-line (download bills, send payments, etc.)

I have validated my data file. No errors.

Any ideas what might be happening and how to resolve?

Thanks
  • wv.campbell7899wv.campbell7899 Member ✭✭
    Get this over and over.
    Deluxe R19.44 Build 27.1.19.44
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    boddicker said:
    same issue with Quicken Premier R19.44. Same as above, asked to login to Quicken.com, then says success, but does not run one step update following "success"
    Hi @boddicker ,

It does not run One Step Update automatically after furnishing your Quicken User ID and Password to reset the token, verifying it is you.

You need to click on One Step Update again and enter the Vault Password.

Just upgraded from Quicken Version R18.16 to R19.44 and clicked on Password Vault. Entered the Vault Password and clicked Settings to see what is being updated. Then I clicked Update Now. I had no problems.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R27.42 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20175.1000

Information: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/quicken-bill-pay-discontinues-on-5-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

If you have gone to Quicken Subscription Product from Quicken 2015, 2016 or 2017 without removing the old product, it might be the reason you all are having problems.

See this procedure to reinstalling Quicken Subscription Product or Quicken 2019:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Don't skip a step.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R27.42 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20175.1000

Information: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/quicken-bill-pay-discontinues-on-5-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• MikejlMikejl Member
    Starting earlier this afternoon, I got a prompt to login. Provided userid and pw. Word "Success!" in the logon rectangle was displayed. Nothing happened. Closed window and received:

"Quicken's Online Service is unavailable at this time...."

This has been occurring for over 4 hours. Anyone else experiencing this issue or suggestions for resolving?
  • cma47cma47 Member
    I've been having the same problem. Asks for quicken login when I launch it, enter info, get the Success! window and nothing happens. If I close that window, it just asks for my login again. I am unable to interact with Quicken in any way, because the login window keeps popping up. This started last night and continues this morning.

I tried installing the latest US Mondo update, but I get the same result.

I then tried logging in via my browser and that doesn't work either. It just takes me back to the login screen with no error message after I click 'Sign In'.

I'm running Quicken on Windows with a subscription.
  • cma47cma47 Member
    Minor update: logging into my account via web browser worked now, but I still have the same problem when trying to log in inside Quicken.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Last year a similar situation was resolved as follows:
    • "Success" message window won't go away (Q Windows 2018 R8.8 US or higher only).
    • When you receive a 'success' message while signing in to your Quicken ID, please perform a Supervalidate file operation:
    • Press and hold the CTRL key and select File Menu -> File operations -> validate & repair.
    • Select "Supervalidate File".
    • Click OK and let it run.

• Keith WilfordKeith Wilford Member ✭✭
    Here we go again. When this happened last fall, Quicken provided all kinds of solutions, NONE of which accomplished a thing. Then, suddenly, well, a month later, it was fixed. We all know that it DID NOT just fix itself, and that someone at Quicken broke something, and THEN fixed it. So, will we be informed when the broken thing is fixed? I am having a hard time accepting a subscription model, and not only because the cost effectively triples. This product is so prone to this sort of failure, it becomes quite worthless. FWIW, I downloaded the latest update, to no effect. I am running QH&B2016, V7, Build 25.1.7.9 on Win10.
    Online Services for Quicken 2016 were discontinued on 4/30/19.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-discontinuation-policy
  • Bill BurgeBill Burge Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'm trying to complete an online update. I keep having to enter my Quicken ID and Password. Each time I get a "Success!" message, but then nothing happens. I close the ID window and am back to 'go' as far as completing the online update. What's going on?
  • Keith WilfordKeith Wilford Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Online Services for Quicken 2016 were discontinued on 4/30/19.

I wondered if that was the case. My latest prior transaction download was May 5, which worked. When the download failed to load today, I checked and it advised and installed an update just today.

That is so typical of Quicken, to suspend a service but fail to actually inform the client. i am not new to Quicken, having bought my first version in 2002. But honestly, why would I depend on Quicken for an annual subscription when they display such poor customer service?
    What version of Quicken are you using?
    Online Services for Quicken 2016 Canada were discontinued on 5/31/19.
This discussion has been closed.