Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Why won't Zillow (Zestimate) update?

For a very long time (probably since 2018 subscription) I've been able to update my 2 property values by using Zillow and have done so without timing restrictions (i.e. monthly, quarterly, etc.). With the recent update (I'm using 2019 v.R19.44 Build 27.1.19.44) now all of a sudden, the "Update your property value" is grayed out when I try to update. The "Remind me to update:" field is set to Monthly but as I understand it that's a *reminder* not the frequency. When I tried to send a support request/issue I received the following response: "We never offered daily refresh, as our contract with Zillow does not permit that level of connection to their servers through our product.
The Last Updated date is presented at the top of the property account register. If it's within the most recent 30-days, then you won't be eligible for refresh until 30-days after that date when the Refresh Frequency is set to Monthly.
Your screenshot provided on the initial report, along with the log for the services, confirmed the refresh rate was Quarterly on 5/15/19 when that refresh occurred. If it was changed after that date, it still won't impact until the next month (at minimum)."

I absolutely know that to be categorically untrue. I've gone in on a weekly basis and updated my property values so why now has that changed? Was it wrong or "broke" before and it's fixed to the correct way now?

Best Answers

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue (which I didn't know about until I read this thread).
    Kathryn's fix worked for me.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • mein46342mein46342 Member
    Thanks, Kathryn. That works now. Very odd.
  • Muzicman61Muzicman61 Member ✭✭
    Where is all this Zillow stuff configured? I don't see any Zillow update buttons and I have only a few times seen a reminder down by Net Worth and Credit Score to do a Zillow update. And I haven't seen that since April.
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Zillow is only available in Quicken Premier and higher.

Then why have I had Zillow updates on both my home and rental properties in the past? Did they remove this from Quicken Deluxe?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, I don't work for Quicken. Here's a screenshot that shows Zillow is only in Premier and higher. Since you have rental properties, are you sure you didn't have Quicken Home, Business & Rental Properties?

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Robert BermanRobert Berman Member ✭✭
    At some point in the past several weeks, I've noticed that although I can get an updated zestimate value successfully, the "Update your property value" button is grayed out.

I used to just click that and it would enter an increase or decrease transaction for me. Now I have to manually enter that.

I am using QWin Premier 2019 R19.44 build: 27.1.19.44 on Windows 10 Pro - version 1803

I assume Quicken knows about this bug and is working on a fix???
  • Barry DemchakBarry Demchak Member ✭✭
    Hi ... with the latest release (June 9, 2019), when I bring up a property that I've set up for ZEstimates with Zillow, I get a Property Valuation dialog box, and the box has a new value, but the "Update your property value" button is unclickable. Before this release, I could click it to set the new valuation. Do I need to change a configuration, or is this now broken??
  • Barry DemchakBarry Demchak Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Clearing and then re-checking the ZEstimate checkbox worked, but I had to do that for each property, and for every time I get a new Zillow property value. Better than nothing, but there certainly appears to be a bug here.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Barry Demchak

I'm glad to hear that the workaround also worked for you, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenienced experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development Teams who are working on a solution to restore the previous functionality.  I, unfortunately, do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, but once one is, it will be sent out in a future release.

I hope this information is helpful and please let the Community know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited June 2019
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > I don't know, I don't work for Quicken. Here's a screenshot that shows Zillow is only in Premier and higher. Since you have rental properties, are you sure you didn't have Quicken Home, Business & Rental Properties?

No, I am not using Quicken for Rental. I only track the checking account I use for my rental expenses but I did add the property as an asset.

All I know is it used to prompt me at the first of the month to do a Zillow update but that hasn't happened in several months. And with the last update, it totally screwed up one of my online accounts. 
This discussion has been closed.